What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buttered bread and falling cats

Anyone see the pic of the cat with the lime helmet that went around last football season?  That would fit here so well...  I was trying to figure out how to post it but - dunno  
wow.gif

Ahem... Remember me - the guy with the cat for an avatar? Getting back to Merlin's first post, if the cat were spinning in the one direction in this hemisphere, would it rotate in the opposite direction down under? Perhaps Khoas could shed a little light on that query.

hey, jim. perhaps we should conduct an experiment. you've got a cat, right?
smile.gif

What did you have in mind, T? Perhaps I shouldn't have asked. A couple of friends of ours with three cats thought it would be a geart idea to attach aluminum foil to the top of their cat's heads - and see what would happen. It drove them nuts, trying to get at the foil.

They understand the pleasures associated with cat torture, then.
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tamlin Dawnstar @ May 14 2004,9:22)]Hook him up to a dynamo and you could run your lights for free!
William, that is just soooo cheeky...
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

Did I laugh my *** off when I first read that!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Update, feeding the cat during spin cycle tends to be a difficult task
tounge.gif

A sheet of A4 paper wrapped and taped around a cats stomach also provides a very entertaining show.

So does a heavy duty, extra large, leather glove on your hand. It makes a great wrestling partner for them
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ May 15 2004,10:18)]Ahem... Remember me - the guy with the cat for an avatar? Getting back to Merlin's first post, if the cat were spinning in the one direction in this hemisphere, would it rotate in the opposite direction down under? Perhaps Khoas could shed a little light on that query.
Only water goes in the opposite direction with a cat it depend on which was you start the spin. Ever try using a laser pointer in dark room with cat? It another way to spin a cat.

I saw something like that on Funniest Home whatever, only they were doing that with penguins. Thank you for shedding light on the coriolus? effect.

Friend of mine played with kitten using a laser pointer. He had the cat running up walls, and had him so dizzy that the cat had use the walls to stand up
laugh.gif

*dies laughing in delayed reaction to the whole sawed-off topic*

Back