Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Speaking of bugs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]You know, I remember last time there was supposedto be this huge upwelling of periodic cicadas and I made my mother take me to visit my grandma (who is Cruela Deville incarnate) and I never saw a bleeding one. And now you are telling me they are back and here I am stiing in Atlanta GA and I gotta tell you I am again seeing (and hearing) a whole lotta nothing. I just about think these guys are like bigfoot and the lochness monster.
    Of course not. you arnt in the range of most of the cicadias that will be emerging (too far south)
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well all the reports say that it is happening all over the east and GA is pretty east [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/rock.gif[/img]

And I know we have cicadas because I have seem some of the dog-day type
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat
    Hagerstown, Maryland

--
    actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Travis, I'm under the impression that the 17 year cicadas don't live as far south as you....I may be wrong....funny, though, we don't seem to have them here in NY, either....Guess I'm going hungry tonight!

17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow

Guess you'll just have to settle for pizza.
    Yep, someone put up a map of the Brood X range on the other cicada thread & we both miss out - even though we get the more common garden variety cicada. I sure would like to see one of them for real. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif[/img] Aren't they supposed to be in Virginia? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/rock.gif[/img] Anyone around here seen them in real life?
    Restore our biosphere, create a new culture of kindness.

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw them once in 98. I was moving my (now) wife to NC and we were driving down I-77 south of Akron. They were everywhere. We had to turn the windshield wipers on. If you saw all the guts on our windshield I don't think you would ever think about eanting them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im not saying you wont have cicadas, but by far bulk will be in the mid atlantic states. Brood x doesnt occur in great numbers in most southern states.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (0zzy @ May 18 2004,8:58)]I saw them once in 98. I was moving my (now) wife to NC and we were driving down I-77 south of Akron. They were everywhere. We had to turn the windshield wipers on. If you saw all the guts on our windshield I don't think you would ever think about eanting them.
    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_t_32.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12