What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Speaking of bugs

You know, I remember last time there was supposedto be this huge upwelling of periodic cicadas and I made my mother take me to visit my grandma (who is Cruela Deville incarnate) and I never saw a bleeding one. And now you are telling me they are back and here I am stiing in Atlanta GA and I gotta tell you I am again seeing (and hearing) a whole lotta nothing. I just about think these guys are like bigfoot and the lochness monster.

That would explain what happened to Jimmie Kimel. He must have eat too many cicadas.

Maybe they'll be eating them tonight on Fear Factor.
wow.gif

Poor guy.

I did eat some grasshoppers not too long ago. They from one part of Mexico, where apparently they are a snack food.
Someone brought them into work - so I took some home.
They weren't bad. Actually pretty good with some beer. Thought my son would try one, but couldn't get him or my wife to go for it.

rock.gif
I think I'll leave the bugs for my plants...

Well, I draw the line at grubs.
I don't think I'd want to eat one of those.
I'd have to be pretty hungry.

oh, for goodnes sake!  Cicada-licious, indeed!  
tounge.gif

yeah.... none for me... i'll stick to loving my VW bugs.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]You know, I remember last time there was supposedto be this huge upwelling of periodic cicadas and I made my mother take me to visit my grandma (who is Cruela Deville incarnate) and I never saw a bleeding one. And now you are telling me they are back and here I am stiing in Atlanta GA and I gotta tell you I am again seeing (and hearing) a whole lotta nothing. I just about think these guys are like bigfoot and the lochness monster.

Of course not. you arnt in the range of most of the cicadias that will be emerging (too far south)

Well all the reports say that it is happening all over the east and GA is pretty east
rock.gif

And I know we have cicadas because I have seem some of the dog-day type

Hey Travis, I'm under the impression that the 17 year cicadas don't live as far south as you....I may be wrong....funny, though, we don't seem to have them here in NY, either....Guess I'm going hungry tonight!

Guess you'll just have to settle for pizza.
Yep, someone put up a map of the Brood X range on the other cicada thread & we both miss out - even though we get the more common garden variety cicada.  I sure would like to see one of them for real.  
tounge.gif
 Aren't they supposed to be in Virginia?  
rock.gif
 Anyone  around here seen them in real life?

I saw them once in 98. I was moving my (now) wife to NC and we were driving down I-77 south of Akron. They were everywhere. We had to turn the windshield wipers on. If you saw all the guts on our windshield I don't think you would ever think about eanting them.

im not saying you wont have cicadas, but by far bulk will be in the mid atlantic states. Brood x doesnt occur in great numbers in most southern states.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (0zzy @ May 18 2004,8:58)]I saw them once in 98. I was moving my (now) wife to NC and we were driving down I-77 south of Akron. They were everywhere. We had to turn the windshield wipers on. If you saw all the guts on our windshield I don't think you would ever think about eanting them.
smile_t_32.gif

Back