Likes Likes:  0
Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Southeast cp society

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Craig -

Crosswinds.net looks great. They will allow for easy use of information forms (i.e. people could join the society online rather than by printing out a sheet and mailing it or anything like that) and they have an in-house easy-to-use forum builder. I can't wait to get started!
    Newnan (Atlanta), GA
    - what do you do when your bog is full? you build another. and another. and another. then you buy some pots. and some more. and some more. and some more. then you wonder how much it would cost to rework the hydrology in your yard to place your house on an island. -

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think a web/e-newsletter makes more sense at this point.

I do quite well with Heliamphora, as does Angie Hall (Charleston, SC).

My specialty is Sarracenia, particularly natural hybrids. I'd be happy (at some point) to write an article/do a photo essay on naturally occurring simple Sarracenia hybrids.

I'm a writer by training, and I've written several CP-related articles ... for CPN, for the Italian CP journal, and for Grandiflora the (now defunct) Mid-Atlantic Gardening Magazine. I can probably help some (time allowing) with writing/editing duties for the online content.

BTW, I sent three potential main page photos to Patrick for possible use in the website. All are SE CP photos in the wild(S. flava (with fly) from the Green Swamp, Brunswick Co., NC, S. flava (with tree frog), Apalachicola NF, Liberty County, FL and S. purpurea venosa, Croatan NF, Carteret County, NC).
    Growing CP since 1975. Succeeding (more or less) since 1990.

Sarracenia & Heliamphora Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The dues are listed on the website:
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Dues are $20/yr for adults, $10/yr for students, and $25/yr for families. Considering the wealth of contacts and knowledge, not to mention the incredible prices and trade opportunities for plants and equipment at society meetings, that is a steal!
    I like the webpage concept. I personally hate the XXXXXXonline way of picking URLs, though. It's kinda redundant to say that your web page is online. Just my own little peeve, though.

Obviously you have people at your disposal with more web experience than me, so your web page should be a great asset for you. It's nice to have a writer, too. That's one thing we're lacking.
    There's no 'a' in perlite.

My Growlist
    NECPS.org - New England CP growers unite!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, I looked at the "join" page and didn't see them there (now I realize they are on a link) and so I assumed they weren't posted. Thanks for quoting it!

I don't care for the www.XXXXXonline.com deal either, but www.SECPS.org is taken (you fortunately have www.NECPS.org).

Perhaps we should think about this for a few days? We need a good URL idea.
    Newnan (Atlanta), GA
    - what do you do when your bog is full? you build another. and another. and another. then you buy some pots. and some more. and some more. and some more. then you wonder how much it would cost to rework the hydrology in your yard to place your house on an island. -

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe you could name it something based on the fact that your region is home to a significant number of CPs?

For example...
    Sarracenia Homeland Insectivorous Plant Society - SHIPS?

Hmm. Maybe you better take a few days. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]

No apologies- if you didn't see it, it's obviously too hard to find. It's good to have feedback like that.
    There's no 'a' in perlite.

My Growlist
    NECPS.org - New England CP growers unite!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey

one already exists!

http://www.southeastCPS.org/index.html [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_k_ani_32.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, it doesn't. It give me an error page when I click it.
    The Best Part About Being a Sociopath is Never Having to Say You're Sorry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not only that, but the domain name is available, and a search on Yahoo! for a southeast carnivorous plant society returns nothing.
    Newnan (Atlanta), GA

Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast