Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Southeast cp society

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    gave you the password and all, googd luck! Keep me posted on th progress! How does the ftp system work? I couldn't work it.....
    Well, good luck!

Craig

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The name sounds good to me.Craig, if your paying for the site you should be treasurer.You get my vote!

Jerry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, But I'm only temporary! We want someone to pay from society funds, handle finances, etc. Just because I'm paying for site right now doesn't mean I'm the candidate, but thanks for the vote!
    I think we need the following positions for now, more can be added later when they are needed.
    we need-

-president-
    -a Treasurer-
    -a Webmaster- ptfreelander (patrick triggs)
    -someone to head and edit the (for now) online journal-
    -someone to begin to attempt to coordinate our meetings! We should probably have them every one or two years.... Hmmmmm.... maybe this fall?
    (start thinking)

any other positions?

Craig

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmmmmm.....
    patrick triggs (aka ptfreelander)-
    The D. muscipula (in the NECPS said)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (D muscipula @ May 28 2004,2:15)]Hi Craig
    With all the new CPS popping up, i think we'd do well to integrate our websites to a certain degree. For example, i've been trying to make sure i get a photo of every new species someone brings to meeting, just to be sure to have a full catalog of photos. There's no reason we can't share the species part of our photo galleries.

I also have ambitions to create a really 'complete' trade/growlist database program to allow members to keep records of all their plants and also allow others to find out about different forms and locales according to what people have entered in. This would make it easier to plan trades, etc. If i do create such a thing, i think it would be good to use as the service for all the CPS that have an interest in such a thing.
    so you could check out some of their photos or info....

Thanks,
    Craig

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As D. muscipula said, we should attempt to consolidate as much as possible. Are there any other societies that would be interested? Especially societies in the southeast. I'm petty sure that there's a south florida CPS, but I'm not positive. I'll check. Does anyone else know of other societies in the SE, or in the US (preferably not to far from the SE)?
    Love the website ptfreelander! You should post the links I gave you, I'll give you more, plus descriptions later!
    Also, I am considering going up to botanique nursery in VA, www.pitcherplant.com, anyone been there? How long would it take to see everything? I mean everything.

Thanks,
    Craig

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to let everyone know - I will be out of town from Wednesday, June 2 through Saturday, June 5. I can be contacted until Tuesday night and then again starting Sunday morning.
    Newnan (Atlanta), GA
    - what do you do when your bog is full? you build another. and another. and another. then you buy some pots. and some more. and some more. and some more. then you wonder how much it would cost to rework the hydrology in your yard to place your house on an island. -

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dangit, I thought you were talking about a southeast asia cp society when I first read it...we could use a little help here...
    I'll be the founder of the non-existent 'carnivorous plant society of southeast asia' hey not bad! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img] [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]
    (or maybe even singapore) [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, we have the site up, and everythings going fine, but we still need some stuff done. I think that we need a treasurer (yes this is already up, but few have responded. One vote) Are there any volunteers for the treasurer? I will volunteer, but only if no one else does. I say we give a deadline of say, June fifth, to volunteer, and we could have someone elected by the twentieth! Also, the society can't deal straight from someone's personal finances! That's something the treasurer needs to set up. once they're elected. Another thing we should do, once we get the finances, is to apply for nonprofit status and get our own financial identity. Another duty for the treasurer. Again, I am volunteering, but only if no one else wants to. I will be happy to be treasurer, but it's open to anyone. After we have obtained a treasurer, then we need anyone interested in the society to send their dues in! Once we have our own financial identity that is.
    Also, besides the treasurer, we need other positions to be filled. I have this in another post, but no one responded.
    We need a president, treasurer, someone to head and edit the newsletter (could be more than one person), someone to coordinate meetings/events, a manager of the seed bank (when we get seeds, this position isn't urgent), a treasurer, and a webmaster (patrick triggs, aka ptfreelander).
    Webmaster is taken. We will get a treasurer soon, and as we won't have meetings for at least a while, the next things we will need are the journal position(s) and a president. President should be by nomination. Nominate today! As for the journal, we need volunteers! I have pieced together an article on the basics of nepenthes cultivation, and I am looking for others to put together some articles! Maybe we should make it mandatory for all members to submit at least one article a year for inclusion in the journal. We could have a list of past topics, and people could choose new ones!

Thanks,
    Craig