Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Southeast cp society

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I nominate nepenthes_lover president, since this whole thing was his idea in the first place (I believe, as he started the thread).
    Newnan (Atlanta), GA
    - what do you do when your bog is full? you build another. and another. and another. then you buy some pots. and some more. and some more. and some more. then you wonder how much it would cost to rework the hydrology in your yard to place your house on an island. -

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not against that, but I think that nepenthes_lover is a teenager. Would that present any legal issues with a minor in charge of an organization, or dealing with sponsers, or botanical gardens for meetings, etc? Just a thought, I'm not questioning his motivation or qualifications. In fact I applaud anyone willing to "volunteer" for the amount of work I think this will involve.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmmm..... I've though about this, and I am not sure. I will check on this, as I would love to head the SECPS, but don't want to face any legal issues. I will check online, and will consult an attorney (friend of mine). I'll know tommorow, and I'll tell you then! I don't think there would be any problems, at least not in me dealing with sponsors and nurseries, etc, as payments will be made by the treasurer and the organization itself. However, we will be applying for tax-exempt status (I know how, a friend and a parent both did it) and there might be a problem with that. They require a list of your officers, and the president might not be able to be a minor. I'll check. Thanks for the nomination! Tell you when I can!

Thanks,
    Craig

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i would love to join im a little late but i live in Philly Pennsylvania
    ~Brandon~ aka ~Carnivorkid~
    Member of SEPACPS
    My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i would love to join im a little late. i live in Philly Pennsylvania so i dont know how far it would be
    ~Brandon~ aka ~Carnivorkid~
    Member of SEPACPS
    My Growlist

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Philly's not far from DC, and I'd like to think (hope) that we'll have some kind of activity in the mid-atlantic. You've got Longwood Gardens (they used to have CP at least), and then there are the field trip possibilities to the New Jersey Pinelands.
    Growing CP since 1975. Succeeding (more or less) since 1990.

Sarracenia & Heliamphora Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Note to ptfreelander- put the following html code by Sarracenia Northwest-
    <font face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><a href="http://www.***************">Carnivorous Plants by Sarracenia Northwest</a><br>Spectacular carnivorous plants for your home and garden. Choose from our large selection of outdoor and indoor carnivorous plants. Complete growing instructions are included. Excellent for the first time grower. Check us out!</font>

(reciprocal link)

Thanks,
    Craig

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will be out of reach until Sunday. I'm heading to Virginia for the Joseph Pines Preserve tour with Meadowview.

Any questions/comments/submissions for the Web site, which is now online at http://www.southeastcps.org , can be sent to my email or to my inbox here at Terraforums, and I will go through it as soon as I get home.

Have a great week,

Patrick
    Newnan (Atlanta), GA
    - what do you do when your bog is full? you build another. and another. and another. then you buy some pots. and some more. and some more. and some more. then you wonder how much it would cost to rework the hydrology in your yard to place your house on an island. -