Business Manager Larry Logoteta

Mailing address BACPS
    825 Bennington Street
    Manteca, CA 95336

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree, the membership rates should be cut to half, at least at first.

Also, thanks for volunteering to help with the site if I am out of town, I will keep that in mind.

-Patrick
    Newnan (Atlanta), GA
    - what do you do when your bog is full? you build another. and another. and another. then you buy some pots. and some more. and some more. and some more. then you wonder how much it would cost to rework the hydrology in your yard to place your house on an island. -

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A couple things: first give that spectabilis guy a free membership and make him vp. Southern US - Southern California no big difference. If you think membership numbers might be a problem how can we get more people interested for the initial sign-up? What exactly does the editor of a newsletter do? Are we planning a small (or large) seedbank? There is a thread on the trading site under seed distribution –“The remainder of the harvest will go to various society and free seedbanks. If you manage a seedbank, please contact me.” Its a Tamlin Dawnstar post. I also think lower prices for membership is good. Lastly, are we going to be a big enough organization to have quarterly submeetings. If there are only a few members in the hub groups is it worth trying to meet that often (initially, I assume more people will join eventually)? Ok its more than a couple things.

Stan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Opps, sorry you don't need to answer everything twice/

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why does only john get free membership?

i think we need a company to sponsor us, not a small company like the various ones you see on the web that no one really cares about, but a big, southern based company.

i think someone mentioned a nursery called carolina carnivores? we could get them to be a sponsor us, or PFT [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, I think CaliCarnis is in NoCal.

*cough*junglewerks*cough*
    The Best Part About Being a Sociopath is Never Having to Say You're Sorry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK buster!
    as for your questions.....
    "If you think membership numbers might be a problem how can we get more people interested for the initial sign-up?"
    Not sure. If everyone who has been posting here on this thread sends in their dues, then we will be fine, but I am not sure how to spread the word. I'll work on it though! If anyone wants to help me, have at it! Any suggestions for getting the word out?

"What exactly does the editor of a newsletter do?"
    They would be the people who you would send in your contributions to. they would choose and edit the articles for the current newsletter, mail or email it out, and determine how often they will be sent. they will put everything together in a coherent pattern, and put in some ads, seed lists, and the society news.

"Are we planning a small (or large) seedbank?"
    Yep, already seeds in it! (thanks to patrick triggs! I'll be sending some in as well though!) Check it out on the website!!!! WWW.SOUTHEASTCPS.ORG

There is a thread on the trading site under seed distribution –“The remainder of the harvest will go to various society and free seedbanks. If you manage a seedbank, please contact me.” Its a Tamlin Dawnstar post.
    Never heard of it. I'll get in contact with them though! Thanks!

I also think lower prices for membership is good.
    I'm all for it as well, see my revised price list! Oh, and let's have patrick change it on the website as well.

Lastly, are we going to be a big enough organization to have quarterly submeetings? If there are only a few members in the hub groups is it worth trying to meet that often (initially, I assume more people will join eventually)?
    As for this, I would agree. When we talk of meetings 2-4 times a year, we are thinking of the future. For the first say, year or two, the "hubs" would meet annually, depending on the support from the area, and the all-inclusive meetings held every 2-3 years. They will get more frequent as membership increases!

Hope that clears everything up!

CAST VOTES FOR PRES AND TREASURER!

Thanks,
    Craig

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The seeds listed on the site currently are only for an example. They don't really exist. The site does say that.
    Newnan (Atlanta), GA
    - what do you do when your bog is full? you build another. and another. and another. then you buy some pots. and some more. and some more. and some more. then you wonder how much it would cost to rework the hydrology in your yard to place your house on an island. -