Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Southeast cp society

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    k, sorry. I will be sending some in pronto! But to whom?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (buster1 @ June 20 2004,3:45)]A couple things: first give that spectabilis guy a free membership and make him vp. Southern US - Southern California no big difference. If you think membership numbers might be a problem how can we get more people interested for the initial sign-up? What exactly does the editor of a newsletter do? Are we planning a small (or large) seedbank? There is a thread on the trading site under seed distribution –“The remainder of the harvest will go to various society and free seedbanks. If you manage a seedbank, please contact me.” Its a Tamlin Dawnstar post. I also think lower prices for membership is good. Lastly, are we going to be a big enough organization to have quarterly submeetings. If there are only a few members in the hub groups is it worth trying to meet that often (initially, I assume more people will join eventually)? Ok its more than a couple things.

Stan
    Thanks for the nominations and all, but I have to decline... I'm more like up in norhter California. Plus the vice president and president need to be able to go to EVERY meeting, which I won't be able to do. Giving me free emmbership wouldn't be fair, and also everyone else would want free membership then. Not good!

Do a bit of publicity for the SECPS, Let people in the area know its going ot be there, and let them donate if possible. Try to pull them in by getting thier attention about cps. Tell them about all the benefits you get when signing up.

If there are less than 3 meetings a year, people just won't be interested. You'll start slower that way, too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok folks, the vp thing was a joke. He was posting and nobody else seems too interested in being one of the officers....besides he's 3000 miles away, I didn't think he'd really want to be a member.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its Carolina Carnivorous Gardens, not Carolina Carnivores, but both sound good ---don't they? Dave Crump is an excellent grower and a good man.
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    as for publicity, maybe we could get the ICPS to advertise us in there newspaper thing (for some reason the name escapes me now)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unless someone else is interested, I can run the seed bank. I already have cold storage devoted to plants here at my house, and I know that a lot of people (including me until we recently bought a new fridge and I got use of the old one) have to sneak their plants and seeds into the back corner of the fridge while no one is looking!

- Patrick
    Newnan (Atlanta), GA
    - what do you do when your bog is full? you build another. and another. and another. then you buy some pots. and some more. and some more. and some more. then you wonder how much it would cost to rework the hydrology in your yard to place your house on an island. -

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually I'd be interested. I live too far away from Atlanta (8hrs) and North Carolina (more than 8 hrs) to attend all of the meetings so being an officer is out. As Spec said an officer should be at all the meetings. My computer skills are minimal, so I would not even attempt the newsletter. I want to be in on the ground level of getting this society started so I figured seed bank was the only option left. I can organize seed packets (I do for my own seeds now) and can keep track of who ordered what and so on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That'd be great. All I would need is a relatively-frequent update as to what is in the bank. For instance, if you decide that on, say, Saturday each week, you will package orders, then on that day you can send me an email with updates for the site's listings.

- Patrick
    Newnan (Atlanta), GA
    - what do you do when your bog is full? you build another. and another. and another. then you buy some pots. and some more. and some more. and some more. then you wonder how much it would cost to rework the hydrology in your yard to place your house on an island. -