Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Southeast cp society

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wonderful! Buster, you're hired. So now we have a seed bank manager. Next, newsletter editors, and a treasurer. No one has voiced any opinions on this for a looooong time, so I'm electing myself treasurer, until someone else expresses interest. If this is final, then we can start sending in our dues, paying for the website, and listing our members online!

Thanks,
    Craig

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And since nobody has voiced an opinion you should probably elect yourself president too. Where do the dues go, and what is the next step?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't go so far as to elect myself president! It's and idea though:: Dues would go to the treasurer, so people can be registered and listed on the website. As I am the temporary (possibly permanent) treasurer, funds should go somewhere I can handle them. I guess out options are checks, cash, maybe paypal or something. Not sure quite yet. I you want to sign up immedietly, then cash is your only option for now. We need to set up our own financial identity soon. Also, I was checking on some things, and I was wondering, do we have to become a non-profit organization if our annual income is below taxable levels? What is the level for an organization like this?

Thanks,
    Craig

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know what they levels are. As soon as someone is sure of the officers, their contact info, and such, I'll update the Web site.

Also, I think I may have some VFT seeds for the bank within a week.

Patrick
    Newnan (Atlanta), GA
    - what do you do when your bog is full? you build another. and another. and another. then you buy some pots. and some more. and some more. and some more. then you wonder how much it would cost to rework the hydrology in your yard to place your house on an island. -

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm back (fwiw) ... lots of business travel lately, which is (a) why I haven't posted and (b) why I'm reluctant to volunteer to be newsletter editor.

Also, I think the position needs further definition. I would be willing to edit submitted articles. I am not willing (nor able at this point) to fill a newsletter myself when there are no submissions. If I'm just editing submissions, and pt or someone else is posting them to the web (where I think our newsletter belongs, personally) it doesn't sound like much work (for me ... can't speak for pt [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img] ). Ads would be web ads, and (again) handled by our webmaster.

So I'm sorta/maybe volunteering if the position is defined pretty much as above, and articles are edited and posted as they come in, with no set frequency.

How's that for definitive?
    Growing CP since 1975. Succeeding (more or less) since 1990.

Sarracenia & Heliamphora Growlist

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, and I forgot to mention -- I am willing to write a few articles a year, and I think the idea of requiring some sort of submission on a regular basis from members (photos and/or articles) is a good idea.

As for dues? I agree -- LOW, and supplement the society's income with plant auctions, sales, etc.

my $.02
    Growing CP since 1975. Succeeding (more or less) since 1990.

Sarracenia & Heliamphora Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think running the newsletter that way will work. Plus if you're the only one maybe-perhaps-sorta volunteering I think you should have the most say in how the initial format should be. Can we get a spiffy name to call it? Clicking on a button that says newsletter just sounds so boring. I have an idea for an article, I'll try to get motivated and start on it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Posting the newsletter/journal will be no problem for me. I also think that an online format is a good idea.

In keeping with this, there isn't any formatting to do, unless the intention is to have a downloadable *.pdf or something like that.
    Newnan (Atlanta), GA
    - what do you do when your bog is full? you build another. and another. and another. then you buy some pots. and some more. and some more. and some more. then you wonder how much it would cost to rework the hydrology in your yard to place your house on an island. -