Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Southeast cp society

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, awesome. Sounds like a place that would be good for a meetings or such. Do they sell any of their plants? That would be cool.

Thanks,
    Craig

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I had already thought that it would make a good meeting place, the only problem being admission. However, other societies (daffodils, camellias, orchids) have shows there annually, and I wonder if, once established, we might do the same. We could have plant judgings and invite vendors from around the country. In any case, it's something to think about down the road.

They only sell plants at their annual plant sale, and carnivores aren't offered.
    Newnan (Atlanta), GA
    - what do you do when your bog is full? you build another. and another. and another. then you buy some pots. and some more. and some more. and some more. then you wonder how much it would cost to rework the hydrology in your yard to place your house on an island. -

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll toss in my dice as being interested but right now I am worthless for contributing anything other than being a member. Maybe at a later date I can pick up some duties though
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat
    Hagerstown, Maryland

--
    actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A new member, sounds awesome! What does that bring our total up to on people interested in becoming members? I'm not paging through this, but if someone is up to reading through all of our stuff, it'd be nice to know our total. I'm guessing 15-20.

Anyway....
    Pt: how much is admission at the atlanta gardens?
    Also, I saw on the website....
    President -
    Treasurer - Craig
    Secretary -
    Seed Bank - (buster1)
    Journal -
    Webmaster - Patrick Triggs

Looks good to me, and it reminded me of some things....
    first off, buster1- are you now our official seedbank editor? if so, we need your address and email to be added to the website for seed donations, contact and such.

jlechtm- you were our volunteer for the informal, web-based newsletter. Is that official? If so, same as buster, we need your info for the website.

there's some other stuff, but I forgot it......

Thanks,
    Craig

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sent you a pm with the info. I don't know about a secretary, but I think the president slot should get a name next to it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As of April 1, 2004 admission is: $12 for adults, $9 for seniors, and $7 for students. Children under 3 are free.

It's gone up a bit because their costs have, too, but I have a membership there becasue I go so often and it's certainly cheaper.

They're also having a parking crisis right now. They're fighting with the surrounding areas to get a hidden parking garage built, but it's meeting resistance.
    Newnan (Atlanta), GA
    - what do you do when your bog is full? you build another. and another. and another. then you buy some pots. and some more. and some more. and some more. then you wonder how much it would cost to rework the hydrology in your yard to place your house on an island. -

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone reading this forum should realize that they don't have to help form the society to be a member. I think that's a misconception that some have had.

We do need members! Please visit our site at http://www.southeastcps.org.

- Patrick
    Newnan (Atlanta), GA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Buster, thanks for the info, it'll go up soon. As for the president slot, we have determined that I can be the president. Tax-exempt or not. So far I'm the only nomination, so either nominate someone else or vote or something!Speaking of that, it reminds me that we might not need tax-exempt status if we're below taxable income. I'm going ot see what that level is for an organization like ours. Anyone have any idea how much we might take in a year? Also, thinking of places to have meetings and such, we wnat to pick places closest to the most people. In your next post, please give your location.

Thanks,
    Craig