Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Southeast cp society

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome! But we have to have people to write it, people to recieve it, and stuff to put in it first! And for that.....
    Members!

SO far we have had 10 people express interest in this.
    MORE MORE MORE!!!!
    I will try to post this on other forums as well, and any other places that I can think of.
    So far we have one, maybe two people (not sure about the second) thinking about the website. I want that to be the first thing up!
    Does anyone have suggestions for the site layout wise? ie color, format, etc
    Anyone willing to take on this daunting task, please pm me, we need takers!

Newsletter-
    If we are going to get one published, then we need articles. Does anyone have an article they would like to submit? Do you know if we are allowed to use the ones posted on this website?

Any other contributions to the newsletter are welcome- ie plant collections, ads (yes, some are nice), pictures, seed contributions, etc, anything you can think of!

Meetings....
    In a while

Thanks,
    Craig

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a thought, couldn't a newsletter start out as an online one e-mailed to "members", and go to a published one later on? I also think that a seed bank is always a good idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We still need pictures, artwork, ads, articles, and other contributions first! We need a seed bank to list as well, and maybe we could feature a memebers collection every newsletter!

Thanks for the suggestion, anyone who wants an online newsletter when it's available, please list your email address here (even if it's in your profile)

Craig

(Need articles for newsletter)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So far we have-

PlantAKiss
    Dr_Carnivorous_Plant
    Wesley
    Ostiem Cafri
    buster1
    Cynic81
    ozzy
    cool85k5
    kirkscoastalcarnivores

I have already gotten someone to help with the website, does anyone else have any ideas? PlantAKiss offered graphic art and newsletter help (thanks)
    Great Idea for an online newsletter, at least until we have more members and funds!

Thanks for all the suggestions! Keep 'em coming!
    Craig

PlantAKiss-
    Can we use the articles posted in the Article section of this site for a newsletter? Just wondering. (need articles+email addresses everyone)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just don't stop, do I?

I was wondering if you guys think we should have an admission fee, and if so, how much it would be. I think we should have one, but I'll leave it up to you!

Craig

God must have an interesting sense of humor Wesley's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I personally don't think that there should be an admission fee, unless we start a publication, or have a website that you should pay for. Right now, I would recomend using Geocities(or the such), and do e-mailed letters. If we have a seed bank we could charge a small amount(postage and something for donations for maybe a non-profit cp organization like NASC or the ICPS).

Later,
    Wes
    ~Wes~

My plants are going green to save the environment

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you want to send out free plants, we should charge admission, I agree with wesley, Under certain circumstances we should
    Join the CCPS, you wont regret it: http://s4.invisionfree.com/CCPS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am open to sugestions. I have learned that geocitites isn't the best web-hoster, and I think it would be best to get a domain name and better hosting. I have been directed to crosswinds.net (good hosting) and the cost for a 20 page site and domain name + email addresses would be $15 to set up and about $35 quarterly. That's about $50 to start (that includes the first quarter) and from then on it would be about 12 dollars a month. That would be what the admission would go to, as well as funding other projects when they come up. I agree, we should have a little left over if we charge to donate to various organizations! So, I think an admission fee is good, at least to pay for web hosting! that would be.....
    $50 setup + first quater
    9 people + me = 10 expressing interest so far
    $5 entry fee-
    $1.20 a month?
    hmmmmmm......
    Maybe have donations to the SECPS? Because charging 1.20 a month is sort of odd.....
    Well, maybe.
    I'll wait till the results are in to decide.
    my 2 (or 99) cents

Thanks,
    Craig

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast