Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Southeast cp society

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know how many people are in the other cp societies, but 10 seems like a very small number of interested people to me. I'm not against charging a fee, but it might not be the best idea right at the start if you're trying to attract more people. A new society doesn't have all that much to offer at the beginning, especially with people spread out in 4 or 5 different states, but I'm all for "steaming" ahead.

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you want to use an article from here you need to ask the person that wrote it. If they agree then you can use it.
    You are welcome to use anything I have written here.
    And here's my email
    voodoodancer@hotmail.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe 20 dollars a year?
    Join the CCPS, you wont regret it: http://s4.invisionfree.com/CCPS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont think a fee would be good until we get more members.We can start off with a free website first,then move on to one we could pay for.I use freewebs.com (they put adds at top of page)for my site,and I will link the site to mine when it is up and running.When we get more members we could hold a small auction to pay for a better site.My 2 cents.

Jerry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    $20 a year! I dont think so!We could hold a auction and make enough to pay for a site or what ever.If this was a local thing I could see $20 a year,but we are spead out and might not ever see each other.What will the $20 go to?The seed bank is a good idea.

Jerry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    20 is QUITE steep, especially for a college student like myself who will have enough trouble paying for rent, food, utilities, and the occasional luxury, like a DVD. I'd say if were going to start charging a fee, we should keep it under 10. It's not like we have a lot of running costs at the moment, anyway.
    The Best Part About Being a Sociopath is Never Having to Say You're Sorry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I know what you mean, but we still need $170! Oh well. I think that you're right though, and that if we do charge a fee, we should wait until we have more memebers. It definitely would help encourage people to join! And we want members! Yes, 10 is small, that's why we need more! Again I will ask, is there anywhere else that you know of that I could post this? We want more possible members! I will try to find other fourms, but suggestions are definitely helpful!!!!

Thanks!
    Craig

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok so now what? Everyone agrees that 10 people is a low number, and no one seems to know where else to post this to generate more interest. There are over 2000 people on this forum, and yes we know about 1900 are from California, but that still leaves a bunch that might live in the Southeast. If we can't generate interest on a forum devoted to carnivorous plants how can we get members from the general public? I don't mean for this to sound negative - just a couple of questions I was thinking of. By the way its almost 8pm and its still 94 degrees - ain't the SE wonderful.

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast