Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Southeast cp society

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Um, not to sound optimistic, but I just posted on the CP listserve and got 3 replies other than you guy in about 3 hours. That looks good.

Yep, I'm happy!
    Craig

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can be of some help for the secps. I've been an art director
    for 10 years at a few top agencies. I now run a very succesful
    mail order business. I think this is a great idea, I have some
    great ideas for design and marketing. We could have a bi-
    monthly newsletter that we you could download from the
    site as a pdf. You could print it out and read it, very easy!
    I looked and secps.com is taken but tsecps.com is not.
    The cost is very minimal to star a website, it can be done
    for $8 for domain registration and $10 a month for web space,
    no free space! That's for amateurs, especially with all the ads.
    I have some great ideas for a logo. Everyone could write some
    articles about their experiences, and ad some pics of their
    collections. We could get some cp nuseries in the se to
    sponser and donate some articles. We could have an auction
    to get some money to start, but believe me it won't take much.
    What we all really want is to have a group to talk and share
    information with and have field trips and meetings and sales.
    Please don't hessitate to email me directly to discuss at:
    gblakelydesign@nc.rr.com

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just saw a map posted in Copper's post and it shows Virginia as being "NORTHEAST"! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img] Since when is VA a northern state?

I think there needs to be a definition of what "southeastern" includes so people know if there state is "in". But don't ask me because I suck at geography. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

BTW...Welcome to the forums, Heliguy! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img] Glad to have you aboard and interested in a new CP group. Seems to be a big inspiration lately. Its great to see the passion spreading and becoming more cohesive.

"Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm no expert but I would assume Kentucky, Virginia, North and South Carolina, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, and Florida... and anywhere else that "y'all" and "I'm a fixin to" start a sentence and/or you have to watch out for fire ants and alligators when you walk outside

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ May 26 2004,10:27)]I just saw a map posted in Copper's post and it shows Virginia as being "NORTHEAST"! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img] Since when is VA a northern state?
    Since about 1985, when the great New Yorker exodus began [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]
    The Best Part About Being a Sociopath is Never Having to Say You're Sorry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heliguy: great ideas there! I agree, free webspace would be good, but I found a place with some help from the people here that's even better! It's www.crosswinds.net! great site, with awesome hosting for $12 a month or about $35 quaterly! check itt out, see if you approve! Also, for the website name, I was wondering if something not directly based on the word "SECPS" was open, like ummm......
    like carnivorous-plants, or SEcarnivores, or you know, be creative!
    The idea for the newsletter format, also good. Again, does anyone have articles or pictures to contribute? As it would be online for a while, we should work by posting here or through pm or email! Mine in spleenboy101@earthlink.net (don't ask about the spleen, it's a long story)

Thanks!
    Craig

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm just southwest of Atlanta, and I'd love to be a part. I can design a site for the SECPS, if you need me to show you some examples of what I've done before, I can do that (email me). We would need money for hosting, however.

I think that if there are many people in NC, we should actually start two branches of the society. There should certainly be one in NC, but we also desperately need one in the Atlanta metro here in GA.

I'd really like to help a lot. Please contact me for Web information or for any other help that I can be. I really think that an SECPS North (for North Carolina) and an SECPS South (for Georgia) would be a great idea, if you want them to be joined in some way.

Otherwise, I would like to start an additional, separate society for Georgia/Alabama and the immediate area.

I am very serious and passionate about this idea. No CPS here has bothered me for a long time, and we have the wonderful Atlanta Botanical Garden right here in town. It has one of the best CP collections around and it does extensive conservation/restoration work.
    Newnan (Atlanta), GA
    - what do you do when your bog is full? you build another. and another. and another. then you buy some pots. and some more. and some more. and some more. then you wonder how much it would cost to rework the hydrology in your yard to place your house on an island. -

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Geocities has good, reliable ad-free hosting including a domain name (i.e. www.secpsonline.com) for only $9 a month. But where will this money come from?
    Newnan (Atlanta), GA
    - what do you do when your bog is full? you build another. and another. and another. then you buy some pots. and some more. and some more. and some more. then you wonder how much it would cost to rework the hydrology in your yard to place your house on an island. -

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast