Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Southeast cp society

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can update the Web site, without fail, on a weekly basis if I am chosen to design it. If you'd like to see some examples, take this link to see a few screen shots of my work. I am very flexible and can put together a concept within a few days if you'd like. Web Design examples

I would like to state again that I think the range for this society is too large, and either two societies or two branches of one society should be developed, on in North Carolina and one is western Georgia.

Patrick Triggs
    Newnan (Atlanta), GA
    - what do you do when your bog is full? you build another. and another. and another. then you buy some pots. and some more. and some more. and some more. then you wonder how much it would cost to rework the hydrology in your yard to place your house on an island. -

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think one site with individual pages for each chapter would be the way to go.

SECPS North for Virginia, West Virginia, South Carolina and North Carolina
    SECPS South for Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, and Florida
    SECPS West for Tennessee and Kentucky
    Newnan (Atlanta), GA
    - what do you do when your bog is full? you build another. and another. and another. then you buy some pots. and some more. and some more. and some more. then you wonder how much it would cost to rework the hydrology in your yard to place your house on an island. -

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Suzanne , VA has always been north to me. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    I have been wanting to start a cps in the Carolina area, and I had planned to as soon as I got back home. Looks like you guys are going to beat me to it.
    I have alot of ideas for this. One is field trips. There are alot cp sites there to explore. I have been wanting to do a organize a trip to the Green Swamp for about three years. But sometimes life gets in the way. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_h_32.gif[/img] It has for me for the last two summers.
    Me and NickHubbell have been trying to get the Erie CPS up and going. We will help you out anyway we can.
    Another good person to talk to is wildbill, he's in the NECPS. They have done a very good job with theirs.
    Check out the conservation forum for some article ideas. I have alot of post there that can be very easily made into articles. Most are about cp sites in the SE. You're welcome to use any that I have written.
    I'm sorry I have been absent during this topic but my pc has a bug that I can't seem to fix, and the job that I'm doing is getting close to being finished and I'm working alot of hours there. By the way I'm wiring a Curves, I'm sure that most of the women here know what that is. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]
    You might want to post this on Gardenweb.com.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A north branch for North Carolina, a south branch for georgia....um...what about the rest of the SE? Isn't that defeating the purpose if we start splintering up membership. I personally am about 500-600 miles from either N. Carolina or Atlanta, so which group would I fit in?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, never mind, I overlooked your post about north, south, and west. But I still think its a bad idea to have individual chapters under an umbrella organization.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People in one chapter would not be excluded from the activities of another. Rather, it would guarantee that each zone does actually have activities. If the SECPS were only in North Carolina, activities would most likely center there and so be nearly impossible for many members in Alabama to attend. However, if an Atlanta chapter is also planning activities, this allows Alabama easy access, while the Alabama members still have access to the NC activities as well.

I guess my idea of "chapters" is that there are multiple planning hubs that work together. I think that the mistake may have been in assigning states to each chapter. Rather, the chapters should only be identified by their actual location, and anyone from anywhere would be welcome to attend any event, since they all are part of the large SECPS.
    Newnan (Atlanta), GA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is just a concept, and the city names are only included to hold places and signify that city names would be listed, but here is an idea for an SECPS logo. The URL is my suggestion, www.SECPSonline.com.

The logo is now available here, on the same page with Web concept ideas.

I think that a nice, clean, refined logo such as this is fitting. Ornamentation, such as Sarracenia pitchers sticking out around the name, seems a little cheesy and cliché.

What do others think?
    Newnan (Atlanta), GA

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My $0.02:

Personally I like the idea of an umbrella organization with local chapters. I resurrected a Washington DC (Virginia, Maryland, DC with an occasional visitor from Pennsylvania) metro area CPS a number of years ago. It died due to lack of interest -- people would attend, but couldn't wouldn't help with programming (what are we going to talk about, look at, visit THIS meeting, Jay?!?!) and then dwindled off when the meetings were boring [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img].

An umbrella group that could share resources across a larger pool of people (combined newsletter/website, etc.) could (possibly) better feed smaller groups in more local area which would then not have to go it alone.

I live in Northern Virginia, about 35 miles west of Washington DC. Richmond (and the Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden) is about a 2 hour drive for me. Raleigh is five hours, and I've driven down to the Green Swamp, Holly Shelter, Croatan or other sites along 17 <shhhh> on overnights just to see 'em.

My first-ever CP meeting was outside of Charlottesville, VA, and I met people from all over the eastern US -- from Upstate New York to Alabama. I'll never forget it. Meetings like that could happen annually, perhaps, with smaller events happening more frequently and more locally.

I'm the last person in the world who wants to overpromise -- stints as president of the above abortive endeavor, and of the ICPS -- have taught me at least that much.

But, I'm in publishing, I can turn out a fair newsletter if need be ....

I'd be willing to help as much as I could. However much that would be.

I'd certainly be happy to be counted as a member.
    Growing CP since 1975. Succeeding (more or less) since 1990.

Sarracenia & Heliamphora Growlist

Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast