What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Southeast cp society

I was looking around, and I have noticed that there aren't any active CP societies in the southeast USA!! I would love for there to be one. Does anyone here live in the southeast? And if so, would you be interested in helping to set up a society? It probably couldn't have meetings for a while, but we could set up a website, newsletter, plant sales/trades, maybe complementary plants on joining (if we had an admission fee) and other stuff! If anyone is interested in helping, or just would like to join when it is set up, post or PM me!
Also, does anyone know html, or know how to set up a proffesional looking website?

Thanks a lot,
Craig (Rocky Mount, NC)

Hey,

I dont think I could be much help in forming a societie but I'd be glad to join one as I to have noticed the lack of them in the SE.

See ya,
Jerry

Virginia here.
smile.gif

I live in Georgia,I would be happy to join.I dont know of any cp'ers around here.Let me know,I will do what I can.

Jerry

I'm interested. Don't know very much about websites, but I'll help with whatever. Its always annoyed me reading about these great meetings in other places and never having one around here.

Hey Craig,
I did a job not too far from you a few years ago. It was a few miles down the road in Wison.
If a southeastern CPS is created, I'll join.

I live in Florida, I would be happy to join in, couldn't help much with Contributing plants though

Thanks for the support! Does anyone know of someone who could help design a website for us, or know how to design/print a small newsletter?

Help is welcome, even if you don't live in the southeast! We need creativity here! Support the cause! (hail CPs)

Thanks,
Craig

I'm also in VA. I don't think I could help form the society, but I'd love to join!

Anyone else know of any other forums where I could post this?

Thanks

I would love to join!  I have some experience with websites, but not very much.  Here is my website:  My Webpage

I might not would be able to devote ALL my time to the website(if I were to do it), because of school, and other activities, but I would love to help.

Later,
Wes
cool.gif

Boone,
NC

We would love some website help! I have some others who have offered as well, so I will contact you if I can!

Thanks,
Craig

Does anyone else know where else I could post this? A mailing list or forum? (yes, this is a double post)

I could do a newsletter...but it would have to be when I can fit it in. I'm already doing graphics/marketing work for Meadowview and other freelance when I can get it. I am always willing to do any marketing/graphics that's needed. If large quantities aren't needed, I can sneak some stuff at work. Shhhhhhhhh!
smile.gif

Awesome! But we have to have people to write it, people to recieve it, and stuff to put in it first! And for that.....
Members!

SO far we have had 10 people express interest in this.
MORE MORE MORE!!!!
I will try to post this on other forums as well, and any other places that I can think of.
So far we have one, maybe two people (not sure about the second) thinking about the website. I want that to be the first thing up!
Does anyone have suggestions for the site layout wise? ie color, format, etc
Anyone willing to take on this daunting task, please pm me, we need takers!

Newsletter-
If we are going to get one published, then we need articles. Does anyone have an article they would like to submit? Do you know if we are allowed to use the ones posted on this website?

Any other contributions to the newsletter are welcome- ie plant collections, ads (yes, some are nice), pictures, seed contributions, etc, anything you can think of!

Meetings....
In a while

Thanks,
Craig

Just a thought, couldn't a newsletter start out as an online one e-mailed to "members", and go to a published one later on? I also think that a seed bank is always a good idea.

We still need pictures, artwork, ads, articles, and other contributions first! We need a seed bank to list as well, and maybe we could feature a memebers collection every newsletter!

Thanks for the suggestion, anyone who wants an online newsletter when it's available, please list your email address here (even if it's in your profile)

Craig

(Need articles for newsletter)

So far we have-

PlantAKiss
Dr_Carnivorous_Plant
Wesley
Ostiem Cafri
buster1
Cynic81
ozzy
cool85k5
kirkscoastalcarnivores

I have already gotten someone to help with the website, does anyone else have any ideas? PlantAKiss offered graphic art and newsletter help (thanks)
Great Idea for an online newsletter, at least until we have more members and funds!

Thanks for all the suggestions! Keep 'em coming!
Craig

PlantAKiss-
Can we use the articles posted in the Article section of this site for a newsletter? Just wondering. (need articles+email addresses everyone)

Back