I wanted to post the procedure (General and Auction forums) for the ending of the auction now so everyone can review them and know what to do BEFORE the auction ends (through Monday, May 24th).
I want to thank everybody who supported the auction both in listing and bidding. *You all have made an important contribution to the conservation and preservation of Sarracenia species and hybrids. *Hopefully this long-term project will allow your children's children to be able to enjoy these plants as we all do. *GOOD JOB everyone!
OK. *Now...I cannot give a specific time to the end of the auction as that will depend on when Patrick or Phil can close the auction forum at their convenience. *It will be sometime Monday nite...hopefully late so as to give as much as a full day as possible. *But remember, all this is "manual" and not on automated timers like eBay so please be understanding about that.
Once the auction has closed:
1) Find the auction listing(s) in which you were ending high bidder (winner). *Get the lister's contact info which SHOULD be in the starting post of the item. *Within three days the high bidder should contact the lister(s) with their shipping information so they can be getting ready to ship your item(s). *[Listers...you can contact the high bidders as well if you want to and have the means.] *Remember that NO ITEM WILL BE DELIVERED UNTIL THE DONATION TO NASC IS RECEIVED. *So how fast you get your item will depend on how fast you get your money in to Casper.
2) *Add up the item(s) you won PLUS the shipping amounts if the winner is paying shipping. *Sent that total amount (in any method listed below) to:
Payment can be made by personal check, money order, cashier's check or Paypal.
Make your checks out to: *PAUL LEUBBERT
Send your total payment amount (item plus shipping IF required) to:
2129 Empire Place
Gretna, LA 70056
Paypal to Caspertg333@hotmail.com
3) *THIS IS ***VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY IMPORTANT***:
With your payment, you MUST include the following information:
Your Forum ID Name (if you are a TF member)
Your real name
Your COMPLETE mailing address
(Please keep this information together so Casper can cut and paste addresses to send out shipping payments)
ALSO include: **the item you won, *the listers name or forum name, *the amount for EACH item (and note which items need to have shipping payments sent to the lister), and *phone number in case of problems. *If the winner is paying for shipping, please get the NAME and ADDRESS of the lister and get his/her address so Casper knows WHO and WHERE to send the shipping payment.
There will be a SAMPLE of what information is needed and how it should be written up at the bottom of this post.
3) *Please get payments off in a timely manner. *We know "life" can hold us up sometimes, but if there is any major delay, please notify the lister and Casper. *If the winner is paying for the shipping, it would help TREMENDOUSLY if you include an addressed and stamped envelope (SASE) with the LISTER'S name and address along with your payment to Casper so he can just pop the shipping payment into the envelope and send it to the lister. *This will help Casper out A LOT!
4) *For those shipping items out: *Casper will notify you (lister) when payment has been received. *You can then mail out your donated item(s) to the high bidder (you should have their address by then). *Take good care with packing so there are no disappointments upon receipt. *It is up to the BUYER to REQUEST (and pay for) insurance if its desired.
Please be patient. *Casper is going to have a hard job receiving all this mail and money (for over 100 items) and it may take him some time to sort it all out. *It will be done as fast as possible!
PLEASE PLEASE...Do not just pop a check in an envelope and mail it to Casper. *He MUST have all that information so he knows "who", "what" and "where"! *Lets not give him a nervous breakdown! *[img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]
If anyone has any questions, problems or concerns, please contact me. *I would like to ask all of you to be responsible in getting payments in and items out and ESPECIALLY in including ALL the inforamation requested so we know what is going where. *So far this auction has gone well and maybe we can do it again if we can successfully get through the transaction part of it. *[img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]
You guys are absolutely the BEST CPers around! *You have HEART and a lot to be proud of! *If you didn't win anything at all...don't feel bad (well...ok...feel a LITTLE bad...I do...I missed out on a lot of great stuff...lol *[img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img] ). *It was all for a valuable cause and you were a BIG part of it! *You all stepped up to the plate whereas most people don't do anything but talk a good talk. * Thank you SOOO much for participating and being a part of getting NASC up and running. *****Lots of applause for you folks!!! *****
SAMPLE of the info needed when you mail in your payment to NASC (if you can cut and paste, and print that format, it would be great!) :
Forum name: PlantAKiss
0000 Drosera Street
Richmond, VA 23227-4414
Utricularia pauliniae, listed by Tamlin Dawnstar for $20 (shipping paid)
Nepenthes tobiaca, listed by PlantAKiss for $15 (shipping paid)
VFT Pink Venus, listed by Tony Paroubek for $20 (I pay shipping of $3.50)
TOTAL AMOUNT: $58.50
Stamped envelope included for $3.50 to sent to Tony Paroubek for VFT Pink Venus.
$3.50 to be sent to Tony Paroubek at 0000, Nepenthes Heaven Road, *Greenhouseville, NY.
THANK YOU ALL!