What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TODAY is the LAST DAY of the AUCTION!

PlantAKiss

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, Engl
OK....we are down to the wire! The NASC auction will end sometime late tonite (sorry I can't be more specific than that).
rock.gif

BUT...there is STILL time to bid! C'mon all you eBay snipers! Show your stuff! And don't forget there is GOOD STUFF on all FOUR pages so don't just look at the first page. Youre missing out if you don't look at it ALL!

Donate to NASC and get a nice plant or unique item to boot!

Thank you all so much. I hope you had fun watching even if you didn't bid. There were quite some battles going on.
smile.gif

I'm even bidding on my own lizard! How dumb is that?
biggrin.gif

'battles' is right, the ones with the most weapons (and money) won. Well not neccessarily, I just played the innocent lil' child...
tounge.gif
wink.gif

Step right up ladies and gentlemen! Get yer bids in! Get yer bids in! There is still TIME left! Forget that CD you wanted. Buy some seeds!

Maybe I should have worked in a carnival...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ May 24 2004,12:16)]Step right up ladies and gentlemen!  Get yer bids in!  Get yer bids in!  There is still TIME left!  Forget that CD you wanted.  Buy some seeds!

Maybe I should have worked in a carnival...
Hey PAK,

Don't forget, one of the items is a CD!
tounge.gif

Errr...oh yeah. That was the one I was going to give a "pity bid".
wow.gif

Juuuuuuuuuust kiddin'!!!
tounge.gif

WOW. Some of the items did pretty well. Specifically that Leah Wilke sarra that sarraceniaobsessed posted. nearly $60 for one plant O.O . WAY too rich for my blood!

BTW, can you say if the auciton will end before midnight? Because I have to go to work in the morning, but I also have to protect my item from snipers.

Today i sat myself down and decided i was gonna buy that lamp today

But first i had to clip by birds toenails. RRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGG thats hard.It was like No, no stop pulling your feet in. No no. dont poo on me

crap it just got away!

and that leads to a chase...

the point. the point is, i have found out my birds have Air sac mites!

Theres no mistaking the symptoms. Iv suspected it, but havent heard the clicking untill now. I need to spent my money on a birdsafe miticide. If left untreated they will die.

Sorry guys, but this is important

Wow, Finch, that is really too bad about your birds.  Good luck with them.  
smile.gif

I have to work in the morning, too.  Are we east coast'ers out of luck?  
rock.gif

Now that you mention it, I don't want to stay up till 3 in the morning to see if some California-type is going to make a last minute bid. I guess its bad to live on the east coast and have a job. Just kidding about the California thing - it could be someone from Oregon too.

Sorry guys...the auction will close when Phil is able to do it. Its at his convenience so I don't really know myself.
confused.gif

WOW, there was some intense sniping at the end, Huh Phil ?
smile_m_32.gif
smile_n_32.gif

Joe

Hehe. Yeah. I figured that would happen. I'm just glad I won the items I wanted. I can't wait to get my utrics. ^_^

Hey, what a great auction that was! That must have raised a lot of money!! Thanks PAK and Phil for a great time, and thanks to all the members here (and guests) for generously donating so many items!

Capslock

Thank YOU Capslock for your generous donations as well. I'm trying to do a tally but its slow going. It was fun. Looooootta work, but fun.
smile.gif

hey guys...

if we had a full time auction around this place... would you support it.. or be interested?

Plant auctions (not just CP) .. plant materials, accessories, etc?

What do you think?

Phil, I'm not sure if the intense interest would be in a all the time auction as it was in this.  If we ran one every 2 months...  and let the items sit for 2 weeks like we did on this, I think that would keep it on a pretty decent flow.   I think a constant one, people wouldn't pay so much attn.  and be so willing to add stuff.  I know what i'm thinking but it is kinda hard to type out...
So, my final thought.  No, to a constant auction.
Andrew

I agree that an auction every two to three months would be a great idea, but constant might take the fun out of it. If we run run every couple of months we may even be able to help out different groups.

Back