What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I love mondays!

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
I work at an environmental lab, wher I have free access to deionized water. This is also where I keep my CP's. Watching progress on a day-to-day basis, Monday through Friday, can be as fun as watching paint dry. However, given 3 days away from, it is always a pleasure to see SOMETHING new happening. Today, my capensis began blooming. Also, several more D. anglica (dichotoma red) seedlings germinated. So did a couple d. intermedia (cuba) seeds. Mondays can be fun - for me.

Yes, sometimes I try to avoid my plants so I can see more noticable changes when I come back.

So, do the "Monday Blues" set in about 30 minutes after checking out the new growth?

smile.gif

Sometimes. Germination is cool. Getting to be mature plants is like watching paint dry, though.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ May 24 2004,10:57)]Sometimes. Germination is cool. Getting to be mature plants is like watching paint dry, though.
Might be *slower* than watching paint dry, especially when you all excited (it rapidly de-excites you, having to watch the plants, expecting something to happen, then nothing happens, and the suspense is over, yu come back the next day, expecting...you'll be 70 by the time the plant flowers and it'll seem like you had to wait ages, because all the time you had you spent waiting...that's what I learned, make use of other people's misery and DON'T SIT IN FRONT OF YOUR PLANTS WATCHING IT GROW, cuz it'll NEVER HAPPEN. Get that into your head, and you'll be much more excited when you see your plants bloom, and it'll seem like such a short time cuz you weren't waiting all the time. Then you'll have a surprise. That's why I always get all excited when I come back from holiday...(when I go for holiday too, cuz I KNOW that I will be excited when I come back...?) ???You nowt' i'm sayin'...I don't know half of what i'm parroting on about here, but think about it, it COULD make sense (and tell me if you do, cuz I'll be oh so excited to find out what excites people (that will just be a small adventure into human nature...hehehe)
smile.gif

I agree with you guys, my first though when coming back from a 2 week vacation is to see what has happened to my plants.

Back