What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's wrong with this sar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

My sars are getting little blotches on the lids. In past years I thought this was normal and due to heat. However, it’s been cool this year and I am wondering if it is a fungus or a virus. I don’t think it’s a virus, but it could be a fungus or something else I suppose. I’m just not sure what it could be. Anyone have any ideas? I’ve published photos on my website and even have a form that you can fill out and send me responses. Of course a response here is best, but I’ll publish responses I get via the form here.

http://carnivorousplants.homestead.com/Growing....se.html

Stephen Davis
stephenwd@sbcglobal.net
www.carnivorousplants.homestead.com

hey! welcome to the forums!

Looks like thrip or scale waste to me... I get that sometimes. I just use sevin-5 dust, sprinkle it all over the pitchers. Works like a charm
biggrin.gif

I love your website. The pics from phil faulisi's place are awesome. I should be going there soon. Maybe I'll see you there
smile_m_32.gif

AUT_2951enhanced.JPG

hmm... Then again, it doesn't look like waste at all... Maybe some beetles been nibbling on them? My squash look somewhat like that when a beetle or two decide to have a snack...

How much light does he have? Heat may not be the only factor... Down here in Monterey, maybe an hour from you, it's been pretty hot and sunny
smile_k_ani_32.gif

You have a nice bog/pond garden!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
I remember that truncata from BACPS... Didn't know you were in San Jose! Must take loooooong showers to have high humidity there!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_n_32.gif

Can't wait till next BACPS meeting, hope I'll see you there!

-Spec (John Pizzicara)

grr... double post... ill just edit it on the other post

The hottest it's been in the last few weeks is 80 degrees. It gets morning sun through early noon, around 12:30-1PM is gets shade.

Thanks for the compliments on the bog garden. Stop by when you come up to see Phil. I'm about 10 minutes away.

Stephen
www.carnvorousplants.homestead.com

just 10 minutes?
smile_k_ani_32.gif
Didn't know that! That means you're like, 45 minutes away from me... I wonder if you can hear phils frogs from your house
smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_m_32.gif
They keep the neighbors up allll night
mad.gif
biggrin.gif

Who woulda thought you were only an hour away... I always wanted to go to your bog garden, but I thought you were down in san louis obispo or farther down!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Great... jjuust GREAT! Soon they'll be spreading to all the local greenhouses, terrorising locals!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
biggrin.gif

I don't know why people freak out over it there... one lady gets 5 of these guys in her back yard in monterey and shes on the front cover of the newspaper!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Moving to the Sarracenia forum where more Sarracenia nuts hang out and might be able to help.

I am far from a Sarracenia problem expert so take this lightly...Does not look like insect damage to me. I am more inclined to go with some sort of fungal pathogen or perhaps burning via the sun focused on water droplets..

Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back