What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Plants

I have approached a few nurseries in my area with the prospect of selling them some drosera capensis, typical, alba, red and maybe d. spathulata. These are all seed, or root cutting raised from my own plants (it isn't funny how fast these little things grow). Now other then the IRS, are there any sort of laws (I'm in va and I'll check on my own unless someone can save me the trouble) that I need to follow? I know obviously not to sell endangered species over state lines or anything silly like that. These are all pretty common plants. Just fyi, I am going to have a bunch of drosera up for trade and just for the sake of getting rid of them soon, so don't think that I have forgotten anyone here on the forums. Well, thanks in advance...

You shouldn't have anything to worry about. I've sold alot of vft's, capensis, capillaris, and purpureas. As long as they are not wild collected there's no laws that I am aware of.

well if they were field collected you'd be in trouble anyway! so I don't think anyone would dare to sell poached plants

In order to sell the mentioned species as field collected material one would need to travel to South Africa and Australia to get them.

Nor is it at all difficult to sell fierld collected material. I can think of at least one such venture currently in operation. It is not illegal to sell field collected plants with permission from the landowner, sadly.

Some things need to change.

How can they tell the difference between poached and nursery grown cps?

Back