What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Running!

Hey all! I recently began running to get "in shape". I'm not much of a couch potato but I'm starting soccer in the fall and there's a family reunion in July/August in Glacier National Park (great place, soooo beautiful) with big (10-15 mile hikes) planned. So I started running!!

My dad used to run marathons so he's training me and stuff. Today I ran from the coffee shop my mom works at to my house (about 3 miles) all together it took 37 minutes (30 running, 7 fast walking since I got a few side stitches).

Anyway. Does anyone else here run? It's a great thing. I feel so good afterwards and I get a great sense of accomplishment from it. ^_^

Sweet! I just finished a race on May 13, 2003. It was the 5/3 riverbank run a 25k. I had a few problems around mile 12 with leg craps but I finished. If you want to look at my photos click here Congrats on you way to start running.
smile.gif

Last time I really ran anywhere was about 12+ years ago. I had a case of beer under one arm while running through the forest trying to find someplace to hide myself cos I could hear the police breaking up our party.

Not that I condone underage drinking...
laugh.gif

I used to run x-country & track in school... x-country wasn't really my thing...I just did it to stay in shape for track season. 1/4 mile....now THERE's a race.

One thing about taking care of your body: you die healthy.

confused-smiley-007.gif

ha.. no. As many of you know, obeisity is overtaking somoking as the number 1 preventeble health risk (not that im saying anyone here is)

Have you ever....
confused-smiley-003.gif
no that dosnt sound right.

You have...

you have a much better chance of...

never mind. Your wrong though

Speaking of wich, my since iv been going to the gym, i am actually seeing results. WoW, imagine that.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Finch @ June 02 2004,1:57)]ha.. no. As many of you know, obeisity is overtaking somoking as the number 1 preventeble health risk (not that im saying anyone here is)
What do you mean? Isnt being round a shape? American's are doing just fine. k/d No offense of course to anyone..

food-smiley-024.gif

Nope, I don't run. There is this new invention called a car that gets me anywhere I need to go in a hurry.

I do on the otherhand lift weights every night. 12oz. curls , at least 12 sets.

I've been known to do the treadmill thing as well as walk laps around the school track.

I run the mile sometimes at school.... they make us run the mile

Between Martial Arts, having one of the most spread out campuses EVER, and weightlifting, I think I can do without running. -on a side note- One of the biggest problems that I have with weightloss pills is that they were mide primarily for people who are to bloody lazy to do any exercise (or even eat right).

i dont run, but i Sk8, and i like to footbag (Hackey Sack)
im really good at footbag, but not the best at Sk8ing, im OK
Footbagging is my biggest interest along with CP cultivating.
does anyone else footbag here?
hope so,
Hellz

Back