What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Very sick family

superimposedhope

Somewhat Unstable
UUUUGGGGHHHH........Went to the doctor today and both of my kids have ear infections in both ears. My wife has bronchial pneumonia. I am taking care of the house and family as well as going to work when it's convenient. On top of this I have to plan my son's 1st birthday tommorrow. Shop for his presents and do some grocery shopping.Off I go...... I'll be back later.

Joe

Hopefully, antibiotics will kick in soon. Meanwhile, you're the mommy and daddy.

Sounds to me like you're doing what your wife would be doing in the normal course of a day if she weren't sick. lol That sounds like a typical mommy day.
smile_n_32.gif

I am sorry to hear about all the illness though. That's a lot at one time. Betcha can't wait for your wife to get better, eh?

Good luck and speedy recoveries to all.
smile.gif

Thanks all. PAK, I actually take most of the care of my son and she takes care of my daughter. Most of the time I'm on the forum I'm actually feeding Jayden as well. Not favorites, it's just easier cause I know how boys work and my daughter is too old for me to do some things (6 1/2). It just works good that way.

Joe
Adrenaline rush, I wish.

My wife is out! Out cold that is. The Doc gave her Codein cough syrup.
smile_n_32.gif

Maybe if I steal a sip, taking care of them won't be so bad. I wouldn't do that though.
smile_m_32.gif

Joe

I wasn't trying to say you don't take care of the kids. But things like trips to drs. and planning B-day parties generally seems to fall to the moms. I don't know why but everybody I know with kids thats kinda how it is. My female coworkers are always the ones to miss work because a child is sick...and always the ones planning parties. Their husbands rarely if ever take a kid to the dr. or stay home with them when they are sick.

I think its great when Dads are equal care givers.
smile.gif
That's how it should be.

geez. better you than me:p ...
how do you people do it? i'm 26, hyper, and have a tough enough time taking care of myself. must admit i'm enjoying being single and not having any kids, though...

well, good luck to you guys, joe. you guys just don't come near me until everyone is better, then while you're busy running around you can run by here and cook for us.  
smile.gif

Just some of the responsibilities of being a 'dada'.
smile_n_32.gif
We all have to deal with them sooner or later, but for now, my sympathies to your children and wife.
smilie4.gif

So how's the family doing? What's the update?

Back