What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harry potter

Hmmm, I thought this topic would be coming out sooner than I expected, but since no one's posted it, then...

What d'ya think of the new harry potter series? My parents think its cr@p, probably too used to the special efx by now. I thought it was still mystery filled, its getting more complex by the series! Or don't all of you watch it...maybe I'm the only 1 who drags me parents to the theatre on an occasion such as this.

They getting so famous now, especially emma, though all their fans are saying common stuff...like...well, I'm not going to bother, just do a search on the web - urgh!
confused.gif

Jason

I read 4/5 harry potter books, my parents have read the books, and we all love the films!
We are going to wait before we see the new film, because the cinema will be packed like a can of sardines!
We are all harry potter fans!

Harry potter is good. But if you read the lrod of the rigns series AND the harry potter series, you'll see that most everything from harry potter came from lord of the rings
confused.gif

Ive read them all and have gone to both of the previous opening premiers although this time I think Ill wait a week or so to wait for the crowds to die down. Im just not in the mood to deal with the crowds right now although I cant wait to see it .It looks great by the previews!
smile_n_32.gif

Um spect... I dont see any resemblance to the 2. They are in 2 whole different settings with totally different plots, one is a mystery the other is more straight forward just wait till everything unfolds sorta movie. The spells are different, characters are different and lord knows theres a huge difference reading the 2 books. Harry Potter is so much easier and the Lord of the rings much harder, infact it took me a couple of efforts just to get into the books.

Although maybe if Frodo wore some glasses and Harry had larger harrier feet I might see the resemblance.
Smegal and the House elf sorta resembled each other but thats all I see.
Hm... Im gonna need you to elaborate buddy haha I see nothing else that would connect the 2.

Well... invisibility cloaks, cave trolls, giant spiders, spells from gandalf are in HP, etc. etc.

Yeah, but that's just general magic stuff, anyway.  I enjoyed all the books & am looking forward to seeing the movie, probably tomorrow.  Too much going on today  
biggrin.gif
!

My wife dragged me to it last night, just like she has done the night the other two came out. The first one we were on our honeymoon in London and we had to go see Harry Potter.
The latest movie was ok, I thought it was a little predictable. The best part is the carnivorous tree that eats birds.

ah what about that washington palm that ivan snyder says eats birds? I'll have to ask him if he was making that up at LACPS

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]ah what about that washington palm that ivan snyder says eats birds? I'll have to ask him if he was making that up at LACPS
Of course it exists, didn't you ever watch Charlie Brown??
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spectabilis73 @ June 05 2004,1:17)]Harry potter is good. But if you read the lrod of the rigns series AND the harry potter series, you'll see that most everything from harry potter came from lord of the rings
confused.gif
really? Its looks different enough...HP is so much more easy flowing and creative (I mean Lord of the rings is creative as well), but somehow I'm still reading the 5th book in the HP series and didn't bother to read the other. Or maybe Lord of the rings is too much fantasy and HP has more resemblance to everyday life - plus uses shorter words as well!
smile_n_32.gif

Unknownclown: they always make the previews great and exciting, more ppl attracted, more $$$
smile_m_32.gif

Wait, what was the ending like again? I forgot...
biggrin.gif

They put HP 1 and 2 on my place this coming sunday and monday, how inprecise, should have put it b4 HP#'s release, it not so excting anymore and if I watch it in this manner then the storyline seems, well, a little distorted...
smile_l_32.gif

Yeah and they've split it up into 2 parts for sundays and Mondays - nooo the anticipation (oh man they gotta be earning tons of $$$s...)
smile_n_32.gif

Back