Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Metallica

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Old stuff rules - Up to the album Load the music really dropped off.
    \"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.\"
    -- Oscar Wilde

http://www.nasarracenia.org/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was a big fan of Metallica and purchased all their albums up until the whole Napster thing.

I've found that music (and fashion) trends tend to be cyclical. Every so often, something new comes out to replace current fads but really, it's just a reinvention of something older. Metal will one day make a comeback and hit it big again.::
    DOH!

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the "Them" album from King Diamond when I was 15. That was some album. After listening to that album, I never looked at grandma the same again. That guys has an awsome voice. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/mad.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've given up listening to the radio altogether. All the local stations have the same stupid rap/pop mix that drives me up the wall. Either that or southern rock/country, which I find equally disgusting. And then I found the car adapter to the CD player [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

As for metallica, I thought they were okay until they threw the Napster hissy fit. The fact that they even share an opinion with the RIAA (AKA Complete vacuum of sense) sickens me.
    The Best Part About Being a Sociopath is Never Having to Say You're Sorry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cernunnos Wood.

Very interesting name, and not often encountered. I wonder how you came by it?
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Tam, I had a feeling you'd ask! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif[/img]

I've always enjoyed studying mysticism and "dark age" subjects. Druidry has always fascinated me more than much of the other "western magic" with it's focus in the learning of metaphor filled storytelling and music within the rank of Bard. Also the shouded history of Druidry and it's associated Celtic / Animistic folklore offers such a rich bounty of ideas to draw inspiration from.

All the releases I did:
    Tears of the Weeping Willow cassette album
    Lost Woods cassette album
    Immramma cassette album
    The Imbolc Stag track for compilation CD
    The Bard (guest narrations on track of same name for the album The Kingdom & It's Fey by ...The Soil Bleeds Black traditional celtic folk group)
    Awaken the Empire of Dark Wood CD
    Funeral March track for tribute CD to Dark Age Productions record label (my old now dead label) compilation released by Dark Vynil Germany

I've got two more albums written, Folklore and Flight of the Winter Geese but I no longer have my synthesizers or recording equiptment. Maybe someday!

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As far as voices go, my favorite singer is Daxx from Acid Bath. Unfortunately the only 2 albums released by them are hard to find sometimes. The bassist was killed and now they go by Agents of Oblivion. Anyone who likes nightmarish/ fantasy......not really metal should give a listen. The albums are called "When the kite string pops" and something "Terorristic tactics"

Swords, are you celtic by blood? I myself am ScotchIrish. Just curious.

Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, my family is Welsh (Cook) and Scottish (Campbell is my clann and Black Watch is our tartan). Someone on the Welsh side took part in the Crusades I learned as I had to do Genaeology studies back in highschool.

I don't know if I could identify an all around favorite singer. There's so many albums all of which have good vocalists for their style. Kai Hansen from early Helloween & now Gamma Ray is perfect emotional voice for their futuristic space traveling power metal, Lemmy is just dirty and grimey and the perfect greasy voice for Motorhead, Ishan on the first Emperor mini-LP was so perfect when I first heard his black metal shrieks I thought someone was skinning a nun, Quorthons offkey viking melodies on the newer Bathory epics defiantely make me feel like I'm riding on a warship away from the flaming shores of a sacked village. A time and place for everybody! But then, there are some really terrible vocalists out there who don't fit their band too!

My old roomate was really a big fan of Acid Bath and The Doors of all combinations! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast