What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Starcraft screen shots

ok, since everyones been asking me what sc REALLY is, I thought I would take screen shots of all the races to give you an idea...  It looks different while playing it, but this is just an example as to what the buildings/units/etc look like:

EDIT: GRRRR! WHY DO I GET THE STUPID INCORRECT IMAGE EXTENTION ERROR? NOW I HAVE TO POST STUPID LINKS! :ANGRY:
smile_k_ani_32.gif

First: Terran. AKA, Humans...
http://spectabilis.crosswinds.net/Pics/StarcraftTerran.jpg

Next, we have Protoss, an alien species:
http://spectabilis.crosswinds.net/Pics/StarcraftProtoss.jpg
And last but not least, Zerg!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

http://spectabilis.crosswinds.net/Pics/StarcraftZerg.jpg

Units on left are buildings, units on right are the attacking units

Starcraft is how i take out post-test angst.  Or sometimes UT2004.
smile_n_32.gif

I seem to recall that CAPSLOCK was on the development team for SC.  It's been awhile since that thread went by, though.

In any case, it's amazing that such an old game is still so popular, and a tribute to Blizzard.

Incidentally, i prefer to play as Protoss.  Nothing is quite so cool as a 'cannon rush' and a support fleet of carriers!  
smile_k_ani_32.gif
<- These remind me of zerg mutations!

I shall inhale your soul, foolish Terran!

oh #### yea
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
spec I guess its all in the thumb, green thumb that is [wink]

(I think thats the most emoticons I've ever used)

whoa I didn't know you couldn't say "h*e*l*l" thats kind wierd so I take it we can't say "h*e*a*v*e*n* either?

Brings back... Memories... You know, they really should come out with a sequel. I know that there is the "Ghost" first person shooter, but that doesn't count. I don't see why they don't, they could make a LOT of money.
confused.gif

there already is a sequel- brood war.. but that doesnt count either
smile_n_32.gif
We need a 3rd sequel!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spectabilis73 @ June 06 2004,6:32)]there already is a sequel- brood war.. but that doesnt count either
smile_n_32.gif
We need a 3rd sequel!
geez spec brood wars isn't a sequel!!!! its just an EXPANSION PACK seesh don't tease people like that!!!!!!!!! [ leers at spec ]

you're going to have to be excused by someone else because I'm not going to do it! hahaha
I'm just kidding spec. You're alright kid,
cool.gif
smile_m_32.gif
cool.gif

Whne I get home we're going to have to play S/C sometime now that I found my discs !!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

The only map really worth playing is "Don't Look at the Dot"
smile_n_32.gif
If nobody's played it yet, lemme tell you, it's real cute; someone set a map so that if you look at a given point, it'll boot you from the game, sometime freeze you computer, and give you a nice DDhelp error (direct X). Like, I said, "cute"
smile_m_32.gif

There are knew ones... one is "dont click the flag!" its phun
smile_m_32.gif

Ooh! Well, I haven't played in a while. So, Spec, do the new ones work the same (ie, just a changed objective), or has there been actually some creativity in finding exploits??

Oh well, I'll have to try them out in Linux, see what happens... Experiment time! Rrr, anyhoo... What race does everyone play? I'm all about the zerg
smile_m_32.gif
The Protoss can be awesome though if you can multitask like a machine...

lucky for me I'm a multi-tasking cybog man so I always use protoss...

The only thing I hate about S/C is that there are so many hackers that try and hack you... Then you have to counter hack to save you *** and then its just no fun

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]The only thing I hate about S/C is that there are so many hackers that try and hack you... Then you have to counter hack to save you *** and then its just no fun

mad.gif
One of the most annoying ones is when you have someone slowing the entire game down, but they have a hack that makes it so that you can't boot them >_<

Yea i HATE that! My firewall goes off like #### when I host a game! its BULLSHIAT!

I am good with all races... prefer zerg, though!

We never did get that clan going... maybe its time!
smile_m_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I am good with all races... prefer zerg, though!

Oh yeah
smile_m_32.gif
Zerg is what it's about. Hehe, maybe I should start playing again... Hmm, now I NEED to see if I can play from Linux, cause I don't wanna go driver-hunting for windows... I remember my 9th grade year, I lost a friend to SC, all he ever did was play... Sorta creepy...

Back