What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whats your fav. punk bands?

just curious: what's some of you guys favorite punk bands out there? heres my list:

the casualties, anti-flag, afi, the adicts, s.t.u.n., alkaline trio, g.b.h., the unseen, resilience, total chaos, sex pistols, the clash, the misfits

Not a real punk band but i love Blink 182 all the way !
smile_n_32.gif

I like Modest Mouse, mosly there "float on" song. I like the Ramones a lot too.

Punk Rawk!
laugh.gif

I'm lumping all forms of punk together here (crust, core and classic punk) no Emo tho cos it's not my thing.

Dead Kennedys
Destroy!
Disrupt
Discharge
Crass (I tattooed my arm with their anarchy & peace logo with a sewing needle and indian ink back when I was just a 13 years old mohawk wearing thrasher kid)
Conflict
Amebix
Axegrinder
Prophecy of Doom
Doom
The Exploited
The Misfits
Oi Polloi (first concert I was ever at where there was a skinhead gun battle!)
Sore Throat
Asbestos Death
Extreme Noise Terror
Chaos UK
Sex Pistols (don't like anything Johnny Rotten did after that though, PIL ugh!)
The Eaters
Souixie & the Banshees (in the 1970s she was singing actual punk not the pop of later years)
The Clash
Sham 69
X Ray Speks
Septic Death (this is the band of the guy who drew Metallica's Skull artwork for the Metallica Skateboards in the 80s and almost all of metallicas classic teeshirts, total skater music very hard to get ahold of old LPs these days)
Nomeansno
Lard

I don't know the latest bands on the scene though cos I only get metal CDs for review. I hear the radio punk/alternative bands now and then I can't get into that at all. Since I don't know who's good I stick with my old dinosaur punk bands!
laugh.gif

edit: doh! How could I leave out The Vandals!

"I want to be a cowboy... I'm gonna be a cowboy!"

Ahhh...memories! Being friends with some members of a top local punk band, I was lucky enough to see numerous times some of the country's top bands back in the hey-day of the old greats including...

Dead Kennedys
Exploited
Circle Jerks
and Black Flag with the inimitable...irrepressible...Henry Rollins.

I got to see Exploited in an impromptu, unadvertised show held in a small club where only those lucky enough to have gotten the invite by word of mouth were there. A wild show! Wooohooo!

Fun, high-energy days with a bunch of nice folks.
smile.gif

"Gimme gimme gimme...gimme some more....gimme gimme gimme...don't ask what for!"

Sorry Goldtrap Blink 182 isn't punk, they are too bloddy trendy. Back in the day (Cheshire Cat, Dude Ranch) they were but not anymore by any means.

Nice to see some of the old names getting mentioned. I too like The Misfits and Sex Pistols

Others:

Lagwagon
Ten Foot Pole
Strung Out
Millencolin
Face to Face
Pully
No Use For a Name
PennyWise
Decendents
Samiam
Accostumed To Nothing
Less Than Jake (yeah I know they are more ska then punk but close enought for me.)
Me First and the Gimmie Gimmies
Goldfinger
Down By Law

I am sure there are a few others I am forgetting too

Memories is right! Being a West coaster, I had my local(er) favorites that came through town more often. You've already mentioned quite a few of them, so I will just add the new ones.

7 Seconds
D.I.
Dead Kennedy’s
Steel Pole Bathtub
Mr. T Experience
Fifteen
The Adolescents
X
Day-Glo Abortions
Dr. Know
Ill Repute
RKL
MDC
Social Distortion
Aggression
Fang
..this list could get really long.

Ahh yeah! MDC! Forgot that one. I knew there were more I couldn't think of.

And I forgot Social D and Dead Kennedy's

Who could forget favorites like: Corporate Death Burger or Radioactive Chocolate?!

If Green Day is punk that is my favorite.

Does The Offspring or Smashing pumpkins count?
They're pretty cool. I skip along most of the punk songs I have from AFI, Anti-Flag, etc...not really my style honestly. But it's still rock. and a lot more soothing to listen to after having your head bashed and your ears blow out at a metal concert.
I listened to a lot of Alternative/punk music on my way home that night...

Back