Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats your fav. punk bands?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just curious: what's some of you guys favorite punk bands out there? heres my list:

the casualties, anti-flag, afi, the adicts, s.t.u.n., alkaline trio, g.b.h., the unseen, resilience, total chaos, sex pistols, the clash, the misfits
    Taproot, Anti-Flag, The Casualties, Alkaline Trio, Eleventeen, Deadsy, AFI...what's not to love?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a real punk band but i love Blink 182 all the way ! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like Modest Mouse, mosly there "float on" song. I like the Ramones a lot too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punk Rawk![img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif[/img]

I'm lumping all forms of punk together here (crust, core and classic punk) no Emo tho cos it's not my thing.

Dead Kennedys
    Destroy!
    Disrupt
    Discharge
    Crass (I tattooed my arm with their anarchy & peace logo with a sewing needle and indian ink back when I was just a 13 years old mohawk wearing thrasher kid)
    Conflict
    Amebix
    Axegrinder
    Prophecy of Doom
    Doom
    The Exploited
    The Misfits
    Oi Polloi (first concert I was ever at where there was a skinhead gun battle!)
    Sore Throat
    Asbestos Death
    Extreme Noise Terror
    Chaos UK
    Sex Pistols (don't like anything Johnny Rotten did after that though, PIL ugh!)
    The Eaters
    Souixie & the Banshees (in the 1970s she was singing actual punk not the pop of later years)
    The Clash
    Sham 69
    X Ray Speks
    Septic Death (this is the band of the guy who drew Metallica's Skull artwork for the Metallica Skateboards in the 80s and almost all of metallicas classic teeshirts, total skater music very hard to get ahold of old LPs these days)
    Nomeansno
    Lard

I don't know the latest bands on the scene though cos I only get metal CDs for review. I hear the radio punk/alternative bands now and then I can't get into that at all. Since I don't know who's good I stick with my old dinosaur punk bands![img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif[/img]

edit: doh! How could I leave out The Vandals!

"I want to be a cowboy... I'm gonna be a cowboy!"

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahhh...memories! Being friends with some members of a top local punk band, I was lucky enough to see numerous times some of the country's top bands back in the hey-day of the old greats including...

Dead Kennedys
    Exploited
    Circle Jerks
    and Black Flag with the inimitable...irrepressible...Henry Rollins.

I got to see Exploited in an impromptu, unadvertised show held in a small club where only those lucky enough to have gotten the invite by word of mouth were there. A wild show! Wooohooo!

Fun, high-energy days with a bunch of nice folks. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

"Gimme gimme gimme...gimme some more....gimme gimme gimme...don't ask what for!"
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry Goldtrap Blink 182 isn't punk, they are too bloddy trendy. Back in the day (Cheshire Cat, Dude Ranch) they were but not anymore by any means.

Nice to see some of the old names getting mentioned. I too like The Misfits and Sex Pistols

Others:

Lagwagon
    Ten Foot Pole
    Strung Out
    Millencolin
    Face to Face
    Pully
    No Use For a Name
    PennyWise
    Decendents
    Samiam
    Accostumed To Nothing
    Less Than Jake (yeah I know they are more ska then punk but close enought for me.)
    Me First and the Gimmie Gimmies
    Goldfinger
    Down By Law

I am sure there are a few others I am forgetting too
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat
    Hagerstown, Maryland

--
    actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Memories is right! Being a West coaster, I had my local(er) favorites that came through town more often. You've already mentioned quite a few of them, so I will just add the new ones.

7 Seconds
    D.I.
    Dead Kennedy’s
    Steel Pole Bathtub
    Mr. T Experience
    Fifteen
    The Adolescents
    X
    Day-Glo Abortions
    Dr. Know
    Ill Repute
    RKL
    MDC
    Social Distortion
    Aggression
    Fang
    ..this list could get really long.
    Endlessly seeking a hybrid Dionaea muscipula big enough to eat my co-workers.

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahh yeah! MDC! Forgot that one. I knew there were more I couldn't think of.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast