Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm jealous

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You kick around for long enough, collections happen. Bob has been kicking around for a spell, but only returned to collecting again with the last couple of years I think. You want to know how he got his collection? Bob is, and has always been, the soul of generosity to our CP community. Unlike me, he does not preach the sharing ethic, but he has lived it for all the decades he has been active in the CP community. He is proof positive that the surest way to receive plants is to give away as many as possible. Bob has probably given away thousands of plants so he has made thousands of friends. When I first sent some of my plants to Bob he was barely active in trading, but whatever few plants he had he set about actively sharing. He never asks for anything other than future consideration, and I have never known him to refuse to share with someone who has zilch to trade. The good will he has generated over the years continues to spread in ever widening circles, bringing plants and new friends with them to all who have been touched by this great man.
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how BIG is Bob's greenhouse? I am looking at getting greenhouse, but I a. don't want a divorce, and b. if, yeah, well, b would be the same as a.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am NOT weeping in awe of such beautiful plants. I have an eyelash stuck in my contact lens. REALLY!!! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]
    The Best Part About Being a Sociopath is Never Having to Say You're Sorry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, Bob doesn't really live in a place named "Middle of Forest", but I wasn't going to give away his addy! Bob's a great guy, and a generous person. I was honored to spend the day with him.
    A flytrap ate my homework!
    -Michelle

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well darn, Michelle! I was all ready to pack my bags and run away to the Middle of Forest! Its sounds like a very majikal place. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think he lives in N. California, and you could attempt such a collection if you lived there also(as compared to some other state, say...Nebraska,where it's windy and dry and really hot in the Summer and really cold in the Winter). lol.

Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm beginning to think BobZ really HATES insects. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12