What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm jealous

Bobs CPs

I honestly don't know who Bob is. But I'd like to congratulate him on such a collection... I want some of these.

That would Bob Zeimer.
smile.gif

Our very own BobZ. Bub did you get the plant?

Bob has beautiful plants and manages one of the best websites for CP photos in the world. If you are ever looking for a photo of a particular plant, go to his site. I think the URL is in his sig.

I sure would love to live in a place called Middle of Forest! How cool is that!

smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_k_ani_32.gif
and
smile_k_ani_32.gif
!!! I mean Blimey, how many lives does it take to build up such a *huge* collection, look at the bog, look at the dosera gra...? Look at the ghouse itself...A flowering ceph?
smile_k_ani_32.gif
I wouldn't normally look at such a long collection of pics, but this time I wish for more, very nice, bob, very nice indeed! Did I mention
smile_k_ani_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I sure would love to live in a place called Middle of Forest! How cool is that!

Yeah and turn the whole forest carnivorous? Looks like he's done that though...
biggrin.gif

uhhhhh, and I thought I had a decent collection...not so! Incredible Bob!

Bob never told us about these pics... they are AMAZING!

Its good to know he's on this forum.. Awesome plants. Thats a major accomplishment.. and VFT "Creeping Death" I love it!

You kick around for long enough, collections happen. Bob has been kicking around for a spell, but only returned to collecting again with the last couple of years I think. You want to know how he got his collection? Bob is, and has always been, the soul of generosity to our CP community. Unlike me, he does not preach the sharing ethic, but he has lived it for all the decades he has been active in the CP community. He is proof positive that the surest way to receive plants is to give away as many as possible. Bob has probably given away thousands of plants so he has made thousands of friends. When I first sent some of my plants to Bob he was barely active in trading, but whatever few plants he had he set about actively sharing. He never asks for anything other than future consideration, and I have never known him to refuse to share with someone who has zilch to trade. The good will he has generated over the years continues to spread in ever widening circles, bringing plants and new friends with them to all who have been touched by this great man.

how BIG is Bob's greenhouse? I am looking at getting greenhouse, but I a. don't want a divorce, and b. if, yeah, well, b would be the same as a.

I am NOT weeping in awe of such beautiful plants. I have an eyelash stuck in my contact lens. REALLY!!!
smile_n_32.gif

Okay, Bob doesn't really live in a place named "Middle of Forest", but I wasn't going to give away his addy! Bob's a great guy, and a generous person. I was honored to spend the day with him.

Well darn, Michelle! I was all ready to pack my bags and run away to the Middle of Forest! Its sounds like a very majikal place.
smile.gif

I think he lives in N. California, and you could attempt such a collection if you lived there also(as compared to some other state, say...Nebraska,where it's windy and dry and really hot in the Summer and really cold in the Winter). lol.

Joe

I'm beginning to think BobZ really HATES insects.  
smile_n_32.gif

Back