Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Steve irwins done it again

VFT and Drosera lover vft guy in SJ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What exactly defines "interacting" with Antarctic wildlife? Every time man steps foot on the ice there he is technicly "interacting" with the wildlife there. It never ceases to amaze me the rediculous things that people find to waste taxpayer money on. Who gives a flying rats rear about a guy swimming with a whale? I say if a guy wants to jump into that ice cold water and swim with a whale then more power to him. What are they afraid of? Is it going to leave a lifelong emotional scar or something? Gimme a break.

Steve
    There are only 2 infinite things... the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not too sure about the universe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (vft guy in SJ @ June 18 2004,4:20)]What exactly defines "interacting" with Antarctic wildlife? Every time man steps foot on the ice there he is technicly "interacting" with the wildlife there. It never ceases to amaze me the rediculous things that people find to waste taxpayer money on. Who gives a flying rats rear about a guy swimming with a whale? I say if a guy wants to jump into that ice cold water and swim with a whale then more power to him. What are they afraid of? Is it going to leave a lifelong emotional scar or something? Gimme a break.

Steve
    actually, yes, it would, if the whale has a baby with her...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (vft guy in SJ @ June 18 2004,3:20)]What exactly defines "interacting" with Antarctic wildlife?
    There are laws governing exactly how close you are allowed to approach Antarctic wildlife.

He'll get away with a fine I'm sure.

Personally I think the guy is an absolutely idiotic fool who is an embarrassment to Australians.

Pity one of the Leopard seals didn't tear him to shreds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    May I also add: Leopard seals are extramely endangered!

Sean,

Why do all austallians say, "crikey!", "hows your bum for worts?" "CRICKEY IN ME ARM! UUUUURP"? I always wondered... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]

Sorry, couldn't resist [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, and why do all of us Americans say "SHUT UP! You don't know me!" ? A high proportion of us also seem to be cheating on our lovers with other folks in the trailer park. At least that's the impression I got from watching the most exported American show (well, probably second to Baywatch).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spec,

I don't think I've ever heard another Australian use the word "crikey" besides Steve Irwin. I think it is a trait of Queenslanders to use such ridiculous terminology. As for the other phrases you have quoted.....I've never heard them in my life!! There are plenty of other weird ones though.

To finish off- from the show that Trashcan was referring to, the most used US word I've heard seems to be "Whatever!" repeated an endless amount of times.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmm well, "whatever" is what those teen valley girls say...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know that his interaction with the animals was inherently evil or dangerous, though being a zoo keeper and naturalist he should know the laws and most certianly not film himself breaking the laws![img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]

He's a comical guy and the first time I saw the show was "steve bleeds week" or something like that where he's getting bit and attacked by animals but never did he hit at them even when attacked so that's pretty hip with me! As much as I love animals and nature I don't know if I could carefully set down a tree viper after it bit me in the face!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast