What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steve irwins done it again

what an ideot
smile_k_ani_32.gif
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common....00.html

1M. and 2 years jail...

2 years, wow
smile_k_ani_32.gif
What a loser:p

Now THAT'S entertainment! Where would we be without people who....er....(spin this nicely, Schloaty)...live on the edge?

Idiot he may be, but I'll keep watching!

I bet you money he will get away with the jail time, he'll bail himself out.

I was un-aware that antartica belonged to any country? I thought it was just basicaly a big ole chunk of ice that no one owned. I mean, why would any gov't claim it? It is the most un-inhabitable piece of land on the planet earth.

Furthermore, you have to see the irony of this. He grabs the most toxic snake in the world and plays with it. Jumps on Crocs that weigh more than he does and wrestles them. Picks up spiders that are toxic enough to kill, and no one has a problem. But now the gov't is hot and bothered because he went swimming with a friggin whale? You gotta be kidding me.

food-smiley-023.gif

stupid

Yes, tha antartic is clamed my numerous contries, but it has been agreed to be used only for reserch and not for oil explorations and such. I dont think the USA has a clame.
food-smiley-010.gif

They should,andthengetterroristsitthinkitsaimportantholding,andhavethemgo tosusicidebombitandfindtheresnothingthereandthenthellbestrandedand...

sorry caffine and me dontgowelltogeather

What exactly defines "interacting" with Antarctic wildlife? Every time man steps foot on the ice there he is technicly "interacting" with the wildlife there. It never ceases to amaze me the rediculous things that people find to waste taxpayer money on. Who gives a flying rats rear about a guy swimming with a whale?  I say if a guy wants to jump into that ice cold water and swim with a whale then more power to him. What are they afraid of?  Is it going to leave a lifelong emotional scar or something? Gimme a break.

Steve

[b said:
Quote[/b] (vft guy in SJ @ June 18 2004,4:20)]What exactly defines "interacting" with Antarctic wildlife? Every time man steps foot on the ice there he is technicly "interacting" with the wildlife there. It never ceases to amaze me the rediculous things that people find to waste taxpayer money on. Who gives a flying rats rear about a guy swimming with a whale?  I say if a guy wants to jump into that ice cold water and swim with a whale then more power to him. What are they afraid of?  Is it going to leave a lifelong emotional scar or something? Gimme a break.

Steve
actually, yes, it would, if the whale has a baby with her...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (vft guy in SJ @ June 18 2004,3:20)]What exactly defines "interacting" with Antarctic wildlife?
There are laws governing exactly how close you are allowed to approach Antarctic wildlife.

He'll get away with a fine I'm sure.

Personally I think the guy is an absolutely idiotic fool who is an embarrassment to Australians.

Pity one of the Leopard seals didn't tear him to shreds.

May I also add: Leopard seals are extramely endangered!

Sean,

Why do all austallians say, "crikey!", "hows your bum for worts?" "CRICKEY IN ME ARM! UUUUURP"? I always wondered...
smile_m_32.gif

Sorry, couldn't resist
smile_n_32.gif

Yeah, and why do all of us Americans say "SHUT UP! You don't know me!" ? A high proportion of us also seem to be cheating on our lovers with other folks in the trailer park. At least that's the impression I got from watching the most exported American show (well, probably second to Baywatch).

Spec,

I don't think I've ever heard another Australian use the word "crikey" besides Steve Irwin. I think it is a trait of Queenslanders to use such ridiculous terminology. As for the other phrases you have quoted.....I've never heard them in my life!! There are plenty of other weird ones though.

To finish off- from the show that Trashcan was referring to, the most used US word I've heard seems to be "Whatever!" repeated an endless amount of times.

hmm well, "whatever" is what those teen valley girls say...

I don't know that his interaction with the animals was inherently evil or dangerous, though being a zoo keeper and naturalist he should know the laws and most certianly not film himself breaking the laws!
smile_m_32.gif

He's a comical guy and the first time I saw the show was "steve bleeds week" or something like that where he's getting bit and attacked by animals but never did he hit at them even when attacked so that's pretty hip with me! As much as I love animals and nature I don't know if I could carefully set down a tree viper after it bit me in the face!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]hmm well, "whatever" is what those teen valley girls say...

Well, it's really closer to:  hmm well, "whatever" is what those teen <s>valley</s> girls say...

And the ever so common "like" crammed in between every other word.

no, more LIKE (
smile_m_32.gif
)
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]OK, like, whatever, you know, like"
is what those teen <s>valley</s> girls say...
smile_k_ani_32.gif

hmm, how about phrases like...." Like whatever, like talk to the hand"
smile_k_ani_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (IceDragon @ June 18 2004,11:45)]hmm, how about phrases like...." Like whatever, like talk to the hand"
smile_k_ani_32.gif
just think, ice dragon... our govenor said that in a movie last year!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
("talk to the hand", in terminator 3)

Back