What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Toilet seats

• Thread starter jimscott
  • Start date
When I was 7, I fell in the toilet!
The seat was not down!

"Because when a guy leaves the seat up it gives a huge opportunity for a girl to accidently sit on the nasty part of the toilet .....especially if its in the middle of the night and dark. I have done this myself and it isn't pleseant at all. YUCK!"

So your arguement is that because you might not look before sitting and fall in.

Using the same arguement, is it ok for us to use "We didn't look before we pee'd" excuse for peeing on the seat? I think not.

I'm not sure if I should admit this... but being the only guy in the house, I couldn't beat them, so I joined them. The toilet seat is always down in our house.:(

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Casper @ June 21 2004,11:47)]"Because when a guy leaves the seat up it gives a huge opportunity for a girl to accidently sit on the nasty part of the toilet .....especially if its in the middle of the night and dark.  I have done this myself and it isn't pleseant at all. YUCK!"

So your arguement is that because you might not look before sitting and fall in.

Using the same arguement, is it ok for us to use "We didn't look before we pee'd" excuse for peeing on the seat? I think not.
That's because it is just natural for the seat to be down.  One would expect the seat to be down.
Don't you know it is good feng shui to keep the lid down all the time except when you are actually using the toilet?  It is in our house.  (And I am always checking to make sure it is down.  Can't have any of our good energy flowing down the drain, now can we?)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Starman @ June 21 2004,10:50)]When I was 7, I fell in the toilet!
The seat was not down!
I see you got out!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Casper @ June 21 2004,8:26)]Awsome article on feng shui:

http://www.sho.com/site/ptbs/topics.do?topic=fs
I fell for it, Paul - awesome, huh?  That was funny.  My post wasn't all that serious.  Suppose some think of feng shui as a sort of religion, so none wanted to poke fun at it - that is, except you.  So much just slips by us, unless you are really watchin'.

Penn & Teller?

Yeah, did you watch that clip of the 'expert' talking about Iowa & California?  Omigosh.  Get some people in front of a camera...  
laugh.gif
The commentaries made it even funnier.

I was just tryin to bring a smile to your face Lavender. I don't think that I am smart enough to understand all the "forces" at work in the cosmo's. I don't really think I am smart enough to understand what or who a higher power may be.

That being said, it would take some darn good convincing to make me believe that the position of my furniture has something to do with my happyness.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Suppose some think of feng shui as a sort of religion, so none wanted to poke fun at it - that is, except you

You should know me well enough by now to know that I speak exactly whats on my mind. I am very un-PC. I find the irony in life very amusing. We celebrate the fact that we are creatures endowed with conscious and individuality, then we teach people that its not polite to express that individuality.

Do you have any crystals hanging or mirrors in your home?  Then you are already 'doing' some feng shui.  I have even read that cats are very adept at creating proper feng shui - such as knocking over an improperly placed vase.
Look where we've gotten from toilet seats!  
laugh.gif

Wait a second! Is this Valerie or William using Valerie's pc again? Speaking of cats knocking over vases, When I was a newliwed I had purchased a Waterford Crystal budvase for Lynn. She place a rose in it and put it up on the mantle. One day we heard a crash. Then I heard Lynn yell, "Oh no!!!" Well, our cat had knocked over the budvase and it broke. We were not happy with the cat that day!

It's Valerie, we're very possessive (yet we can be sharing, too) about our computers.  See, that just goes to show you cats know.  (Sorry to hear about the vase.)  Now, if ours could just differentiate between what is allowed in the house & what is strictly outdoor activity, he would be curled up on the couch instead of the back porch...
- back to toilets again -

Ok well I guess it's time to put things into perspective, and I feel I'm the man to do it. Ladies a good tip from Rhett Butler is if you'r man leaves the seat up and you fall in, in the middle of the night promptly wipe your butt of on his face. Men please aquaint yourself with my rules. Please note... these are all numbered "1"
ON PURPOSE!
guy's Rules for girls

1. Learn to work the toilet seat.
You're a big girl. If it's up, put it down.
We need it up, you need it down.
You don't hear us complaining about you leaving it down.

1. Sunday sports. It's like the full moon
or the changing of the tides.
Let it be.

1. Shopping is NOT a sport.
And no, we are never going to think of it that way.

1. Crying is blackmail.

1. Ask for what you want.
Let us be clear on this one:
Subtle hints do not work!
Strong hints do not work!
Obvious hints do not work!
Just say it!

1. Yes and No are perfectly acceptable answers to almost every question.

1. Come to us with a problem only if you want help solving it.
That's what we do.
Sympathy is what your girlfriends are for.

1. A headache that lasts for 17 months is a problem.
See a doctor.

1. Anything we said 6 months ago is inadmissible in an argument.
In fact, all comments become null and void after 7 days.

1. If you won't dress like the Victoria's Secret girls,
don't expect us to act like soap opera guys.

1. If you think you're fat, you probably are.
Don't ask us.

1. If something we said can be interpreted two ways
and one of the ways makes you sad or angry,
we meant the other one.

1. You can either ask us to do something
or tell us how you want it done.
Not both.
If you already know best how to do it, just do it yourself.

1. Whenever possible,
please say whatever you have to say during commercials.

1. Christopher Columbus did not need directions and neither do we.

1. ALL men see in only 16 colors, like Windows default settings.
Peach, for example, is a fruit, not a color. Pumpkin is also a fruit.
We have no idea what mauve is.

1. If it itches, it will be scratched.
We do that.

1. If we ask what is wrong and you say "nothing,"
we will act like nothing's wrong.
We know you are lying, but it is just not worth the hassle.

1. If you ask a question you don't want an answer to,
expect an answer you don't want to hear.

1. When we have to go somewhere, absolutely anything you wear
is fine...Really.

1. Don't ask us what we're thinking about unless you are
prepared to discuss such topics as baseball, the shotgun formation,
or monster trucks.

1. You have enough clothes.

1. You have too many shoes.

1. I am in shape. Round is a shape.

1. Thank you for reading this.
Yes, I know, I have to sleep on the couch tonight;
but did you know men really don't mind that? It's like camping.

This is good. I think I like number 1 the best! but, then again, Number 1 is right up there on the list as well!

Steve

Did you take a poll of my wife for all those #1's? Man, that sounded way too familiar!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
biggrin.gif

Getting back to toilets, since they are so near and dear to me, we ahd one that developed a leak, somewhere in the j-trap. I did the bucket thing for awhile and then decided to take things a part as well as use various adhesives. Nothing solved the problem. I called a friend who was well-versed in home improvement matters. He took it apart and we found several holes. I suggested we weld it. While putting the tank back on it slipped from his hand, falling on the porcelain bowl, taking out a couple pieces of it, right where the bolt holes for the seat came in. He suggsted epoxy, but it only held a couple days. Duct tape didn't work. I called every hardware and bathroom place around and most suggested just getting a new toilet or buying a clamp that no one had in stock. Since I don't like admitting defeat. I cam up with my own solution. I bought two bungie cords and wrapped them around the bowl. I epoxied and emplaced the two broken pieces. I then tied a shoestring to the bungie cords and trap to make sure the cords didn't slip, taking care of all the x, y, and z axis. It held together for six months. I would have continued had not my wife work out a deal with afriend to purchase a new toilet. The Philistines!! But the bungie cords and shoelace worked!

Well!  god's garden, I think that's a perfect example of male whining.  
biggrin.gif

jimscott, you just cited a perfect example of #1 - needing to fix something.  Sounds like you did an excellent job!  (I probably would have preferred a new toilet, too.)

What color?

A color that won't be outdated in five years. Have you seen bathrooms that still have the seventies pea green toilets and tubs, yuck!

Back