Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anybody have sea-monkeys?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmm, thats cool
    what do u mean they feed? they feed upside down?
    lol sounds like a fun to raise pet
    i also tried to raise frogs, but i wasnt patient enuff so i let them go in a lake at a park. also, ants arent that fun to raise either, in my experience. all myn died within a month -_-
    Hellz
    Nike SB is Bananas

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah, my triops lived from a pretty long time all things considered... Yeah, Hellz, when triops feed, they turn upside-down and bring whatever it is that they want to eat to their mouth. It was quite interesting watching them eating koi pellets (or something of the sort), it'd roll round and round as they took bites. If I remember correctly, don't they breathe through their legs?
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I made somethin on this before (topic). I've tried growing triops, it worked. have to start up again this season....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a great collection of Sea Monkeys from the Ghostly Galleon set. I'm sure this has been discussed before in the forums...but anyway, I had them for about a year on my desk. The week my entire department was fired/rehired/outsourced, they all died! I think it was the bad karma in the air. Still, I kept the set and the dried crystals. When I'm ready, all I have to do is add water! The eggs in there can hatch again.
    A flytrap ate my homework!
    -Michelle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use to grow tadpole shrimps (triop) a lot a few years ago I haven't had much luck with them recently. I remember though that they get about an inch long and has a tendency of eating each other if you don't feed them every day. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img]

United Kingdom (Bristol, England) I am orriginnally from Mostar, Bosnia(one of the countries of former yugoslavia)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I grew triops. All of them died, it was REALLY disgusting getting the bodies from my tank(I got my mom to do it in the end)
    Im keeping some sea-monkies now.
    Carnivorous plants growlist:http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17597
    Onda je sultan pao mrtav do kostura

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to attempt to grow the San Francisco brand of shrimp eggs. (naupli?) A long time ago, in Tropical fish Hobbyist magazine, a teen wrote in all excited about getting Sea Monkeys. He asked about feeding, growing, breeding, etc... His Mailbag reply was this: "They're brine shrimp." A rather cold answer to the excited teen, don't you think?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also tried to grow triops when I was too young to really know any better, so they died. Sea-Monkeys are amazing; I have them in the Mars Lander tank. They do flips and spins, and when it's dark, if you move a flashlight around slowly, they'll follow it. They're a lot of fun.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast