What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big cucumber!

• Thread starter pond boy
  • Start date
Look at what my cucumber plant gave me!
Bigpicle.JPG
smile.gif

congrats. it just got warm enough here to plant cukes outside a few weeks ago.

Rattler

Its a courgette not a cucumber.

Eh? Water melon you say?

I planted them direct sown about 2 months ago here in Mo. I planted about 20 or so seeds but the chickens ate all but 3 seedlings.

This post is here, too? We don't get courgettes on this side of the Atlantic.

That is one big cuke pond boy! wow
smile_k_ani_32.gif

554.jpg

Here is one example or a courgette. Small enough pic to be an avatar. Whaddya think, Dino?
smile.gif

I LOVE cucumbers...but prefer them on the small side. When they get really large, the seeds get large as well.

BTW...that's a pretty well-thumbed book you got there.
smile.gif

That looks like a courgette.
You will need to post a bigger pic for me to
be sure, though.

My cucumbers are starting to produce... but my tomatoes won't produce much, since the nights are ALWAYS under 55 degrees here!
mad.gif

I've got monster matoes already. Peppers are their way too.

Joe

Here in Fl the growing season is pretty much over until September. Its too hot and humid for both cucumbers and tomatoes. On the plus side we get to start planting vegetables in February and we do get a spring and a fall growing season. On the down side, we have about 5 more months of 90+ temperatures - I would love a few nights below 55.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spectabilis73 @ June 28 2004,12:33)]My cucumbers are starting to produce... but my tomatoes won't produce much, since the nights are ALWAYS under 55 degrees here!
mad.gif
You think THATS bad? It got down to 45*F here a few days ago!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ June 28 2004,9:06)]I LOVE cucumbers...but prefer them on the small side.  When they get really large, the seeds get large as well.

BTW...that's a pretty well-thumbed book you got there.  
smile.gif
Hehehe over read! Lol.
smile_l_32.gif

i didnt say it didnt get under 45 degreess... I said 55 cause thats the temperature where tomatoes stop fruiting... nights have been in the 40's lately

Well you now how it`s like here then. Normally it wouldn`t go below 75 at night in late june with 95+*F days,But lately its been 70-80*F days with 45-60*F nights! How have your day temps been?

exactly the same as yours
smile_k_ani_32.gif
but its always like that here anyways
smile_h_32.gif

at least the cps like it!

Huh. Where are you? I seem to remember you complaining about 100+ wether a few months back...

Back