What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My new plants

I got three new plants in the mail today! Two Venus Fly Traps, and one Rotundifolioa. The two vft looked pretty good, but the sundew looked very sickly.....it's been pretty warm here for the past couple of days, and I wonder if it got too hot in there for him. I soaked him in a solution of SuperThrive for about a half an hour (bare root). I couldn't find the roots even when I went to plant it. This is the first time I have ever planted one in a pot, as well as having long fibered sphagnum as the medium. I sure hope the drosera perks up!

D. rotundifolia likes to be very mild, not too warm in the growing season...winter they can take any cold temps you can dish out to them.

I am going to keep it indoors I think. Does it need a dormancy period? It got down to -44 F last winter without the windchill
smile_n_32.gif

yes it would love those temperatures. Indoor plant it is not.

Hmmm.......i have one in my terrarium too...... i didn't know they didin't like it indoors.

I suppose air conditioning isn't that great for any CPs?

Back