Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Biodynamic gardening

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Haha! Here you'll come across pleanty of people bio-dynamically or otherwise growing the "wrong type" of plants [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_h_32.gif[/img]
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow

Wrong type of plants? No such thing. Sounds like just the place I would like to visit. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    Restore our biosphere, create a new culture of kindness.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well, when people grow illeagle plants in national forests (not limited to the forests, mind you), destroying the habitat so that they can make a couple of bucks [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_h_32.gif[/img] ... Yes, I dunno about you guys, but in my book, that'd qualify as the wrong type. Sorry if I didn't make it clear enough in my earlier post, I'm too used to having people get all of thosetypes of references >_< (not a good thing).

I'll just pretend like there's another Santa Cruz out there that isn't no messed up... Yeah that'd be worth visiting [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    where is santa cruz? sounds fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow

California. And, no, you didn't make that clear in the other post, est. Of course, it's wrong to destroy any naturally occurring, healthy habitat. So, just what is Santa Cruz really like?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Santa Cruz is a beach/university town. I haven't been there myself, but heard it was close (though more civilized) than the place I went to school at. It does have a reputation for being a party town.

Arcata (where I went) is a hippie town and elected most environmental city in the US by Time magazine. Lots of interesting research into alternative energy, environmental engineering, etc. A LOT of nature lovers and artists there. People are very tolerant of others and you get respect for just being you. It feels like a timewarp there sometimes because they purposefully don't want fast food or store chains near the town. I remember that people were protesting the new Taco Bell because they sold Pepsi and Pepsi money had helped enslave kids in Cuba or something like that. But it's a cool place to hangout and relax. Oh, and there are microbreweries everywhere. It's no surprise to find hydroponically grown lettuce in the (large) organic section of the store. People know their growlights up there

I have some travel pics on my page that you can check out. The Kinetic sculpture race is particularly interesting and shows the town at its silliest. Be warned though that the images are quite large, they're meant for print and show, not casual browsing. Michelle's travel pics
    A flytrap ate my homework!
    -Michelle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow

Thanks for that link, Michelle, I haven't gotten through all of them but that one of the Kinetic Sculpture race was wild! Some very creative work there! No one looked like they were really racing, though. Looked more like a parade.
    I never addressed your comment about Poor Richard's Almanac. That was begun by Ben Franklin & has always been a respected source.
    Back to bio-dynamic gardening - Today is the full moon -- up to this day is the more favorable time for sowing seed. The moon's energy encourages germination. From the full moon to the new moon is a better time to transplant. The waning moon's energy favors root growth.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Oops! Lavenderdawn, I'm really sorry I didn't answer your question yet, I hope to do it later today, if no one else posts, I'll just edit it in here.
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast