Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Biodynamic gardening

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, the kinetic race IS a race, but nobody cares about who wins. There are prizes for being the slowest, the funniest, etc. It is a tough course, the pics show mostly the beginning. They race on the streets, then need to switch to sand tires, then they actually FLOAT across the bay! It's hilarious, if you get caught cheating (like pushing your sculpture when you're not supposed to), you are encouraged to bribe the judge that catches you with a gift appropriate for your float. For instance, the Chips N Dips sailboat sculpture gave out bags of chips. The lady in the rocketship gave out rocketship toys.

You can find the official race page somewhere. It starts in the city of Arcata and goes to Ferndale I believe.
    A flytrap ate my homework!
    -Michelle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Today is the full moon -- up to this day is the more favorable time for sowing seed. The moon's energy encourages germination. From the full moon to the new moon is a better time to transplant. The waning moon's energy favors root growth.
    That's interesting. I have heard that people's mood changes as well with the cycles of the moon. Friends that worked at our local nursing home mentioned that the residents' moods would change when the moon was at a certain cycle.......maybe full, I don't remember exactly when.

So, would plants tend to grow better/faster as well during this period? Interesting subject Tom.
    The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow

My describing a way the moon's energy works on plants is very simplistic, at best. If you are interested, you may like to take a look at www.biodynamics.com for a better idea how this all comes together, but, be forewarned - it gets quite complicated. It takes the whole universe into consideration for gardening.
    And, having been a psychiatric nurse, I can attest to the power of the moon on people, too. Ask anyone who has worked in an emergency ward or obstetrics (more babies are born when the moon is full, mine were), too. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]
    Restore our biosphere, create a new culture of kindness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My mother grows African Violets,and she plants leaf rootings by the moon phase.She said she can tell the difference in the plants.

Jerry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's pretty neat. I will have to try that. But the best times are already past for this year! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (firewired @ July 04 2004,12:29)]That's interesting. I have heard that people's mood changes as well with the cycles of the moon.
    It's called PMS. **BCK ducks and ruunnnnnnss!!!!!**
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, she said calmly, that's a different cycle.
    (Can you imagine PMS coinciding with a full moon? *shudder* )

That calendar that's on that site is only for the first half of the year. Maybe they didn't put the second half up yet. But it is interesting, isn't it?
    Restore our biosphere, create a new culture of kindness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes it is interesting. I wondered maybe if that was the only good time to plant. But hopefully there are more good days the other half of the year....I would think there would be. I will still plant when I get my seeds even if it isn't during that time [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img] But I will make sure to save a few of those seeds and see how they grow in comparison to the other plants.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123