What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Friendship

• Thread starter Starman
  • Start date
Mom has wrote the above about leaving her alone completely.
Should I listen to her? I am very, very upset. I have been crying a lot.

Starman,
It may seem like the end of the world, but it's not. There is an eternity of time left for you, and this is one isolated incident. When we advised you not to smother her or be to aggressive, what we didn't say was that you shouldn't put too much importance in the results, because more often than not, friendships don't work out like we think they will.

Always learn what you can from events like this. For example, remember what you did that she responded positively to, and what she responded negatively to. Try to figure out why that happened in each of those cases, and apply that to the next time (and there will be MANY next times.)

Most of all, however, it's important not to let drama and emotion get the better of you. There is almost nothing socially that you can do right now that will have permanent repercussions. Although it's not fun that she hasn't responded the way you would have wanted, this whole saga hasn't even spanned two weeks.

My advice would be to think about how to enjoy the rest of the summer. Get youself a social group. Don't fixate on one person, get to know a group of them. Apply what we've said (in a more casual manner) to get some people to hang out with. The rest will take care of itself.

Capslock

I wont enjoy the summer, I never do.
I have no friends at all. This is why I never enjoy the summer.
During the summer holidays, I am always bored and lonely.
My goal was to be friends with her by the summer holidays,
all the hope of that is completely gone. If I was friends with her,
I wouldnt be bored and lonely. But, that is not going to happen.

That's what I'm saying! You need regular, "hanging out" type friends, not only a full-bore girlfriend! Once you make a couple of casual friends, you'll end up meeting their friends and a whole social group will open up for you.

It's not a one-time deal. There are legions of potential friends out there. Keep at it! You have to do it eventually, so you may as well start now. You can't allow yourself to be bored and lonely.

Capslock

Shall I listen to my mom then?

Well, for the most part, yes. However, there's nothing wrong with saying hi when you see her. Just don't pursue her, if you know what I mean.

Capslock

I hope you didn't tell her that you are lonely and need a friend. That alone could kill it.

Joe

why dont you have any friends? that's the real question. what keeps people from wanting to be your friend?

are you like, the new kid or something?

JLAP, I dont know why.

maybe you should ask someone? or maybe you have a chemical imbalance that causes you to have too many inhibitions. i have a thyroid problem where it basically doesn't work at all. i had waaaay to many inhibitions untill i got on prozac and now i have almost no inhibitions at all.

when the topic started i thought about mentioning how maybe drugs like lexapro, prozac, paxil etc could help, but i wasn't sure if you would get offended or not.
biggrin.gif

Now I ahve another problem.
Im not going to school this week, so I cant give her
her present in school. Should I go round and give it to her?
What should I do? Help.
confused.gif

Dino

no, i would wait
i think it's kind of creepy that your giving her a present and you hardly know her. if some guy gave me a present and i didn't really know him, i'd be freaked out and i would think he's a stalker.

starman i dont know why you cant make friends im you friend and you dont do anything wrong to anybody. 1 example was at my birthday party you didnt do anything wrong and you got punched in the stomoch by one of my former friends.

its stupid why cant everyone get along whats the point of democracy when you use vilonce to renforce it .

starman you dont do anything wrong to people but they dont like you i know because people are nasty to me sometimes you have to take it and make it into a non nasty joke

starman you should give her the present if you want to make a quick friend if not just wait it out

no, i dont think you should give her a present. it might freak her out,

I dont know either, micheal.

well theres a 50 50 chance you iver take it and be hapie if it works out or you dont take it and your sad ide chose hapiness

Im just going to take it round. Either that or the present ends
up in the bin.

and then ill go to the bin and get it back and chuck it at her window and ill run as fast as i can lol

Tree terror, if I did that, not only she would hate me, but all her friends would too.

Hmmm, I think I was right in buying her a present.
She was REALLY happy.
smile.gif
She asked why I wasnt
in school and stuff. What do you guys think about her reaction?
Dino

Back