What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nobody believed me but here it is!

superimposedhope

Somewhat Unstable
Okay, actually this is Joe ur...uh...SIH's wife (he won't be up for another 4 hours or so).  He's been whining that since he told everyone on here that Omaha has insane humidity, it hasn't gotten very humid.  I was walking around the house this morning sweating to death so I decided to check the humidity.  Here it is from Weather.com:

Current Conditions for Omaha, NE (68106)

68°F
Mostly Cloudy Feels Like
68°F

UV Index: 0 Minimal
Dew Point: 65°F
Humidity: 90%
Visibility: 4.0 miles
Pressure: 30.02 inches and steady
Wind: From the Southeast at 6 mph

Though I don't know where they get the "mostly cloudy" from.  They're full of it.

SIH's wife

Well hello Joe's wife
smile.gif

Is that unusual for Omaha? Here in VA 90% or above humidity is common. It was 93% the other day. The southern motto is "Its not the heat, its the humidity." Thankfully we have been enjoying a rare spell of relatively cool weather, especially at nite. Very unusual for this time of year.

At least the CPs will be happy with the humidity.
smile.gif

yeah plantakiss, it's very cold down here in GA at night since we have been having all this crazy rain, it's washed all the heat away... and my sarrs....

its always humid and hot down here in ga, it's great! it would be perfect if we didn't have a winter! 90% humidity isn't uncommon, although it's usually in the 80's

Usually it is very hot and humid, but this year its been very mild and cool. Our nights have been down to 50s and days barely clearing 80s. This is extremely unusual for this time of year. Last week I could actually see my breath one day. WEIRD

I have had this ongoing thing with Tony about this.

Joe

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] July 01 2004,6:21:  Okay, actually this is Joe ur...uh...SIH's wife (he won't be up for another 4 hours or so).
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]July 01 2004,10:41:  Usually it is very hot and humid, but this year its been very mild and cool....

Dang Joe!  Your wife is good, only off by a couple minutes  
smile_k_ani_32.gif

smile_m_32.gif

It is way past Humid. I think it is less humid in the greenhouse right now!

UV Index: 0 Low
Dew Point: 70°F
Humidity: 87%
Visibility: 10.0 miles
Pressure: 29.96 inches and rising
Wind: From the East at 3 mph

Joe

Back