What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No face...

• Thread starter Andenes
  • Start date
This has been on my mind ever since I got a membership on these forums and its been buzzing around my head all these years and I can't take it anymore! Why is it that the 90% of the members in these forums don't show their personal photo on the Profiles?!
smile_n_32.gif
I mean, c'mon! The plants couldn't be any pretier than the owners? ..........can they? Nah I'm just joking jejeje
smilie4.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]The plants couldn't be any pretier than the owners? ..........can they?

That's debatable. You don't want to see what half the ppl here look like.
laugh.gif
J/K Nah, they're just shy (like me)
smile_m_32.gif

maybe cuz 90 percentt of members don't ever say anything

Hear hear...
PFT should have a 30 day identity expiration policy, so that when ppl see the 'no over 2000' or so members then they don't get falsely impressed by the number of cpers out there. Better for them to know the truth. Also becuz it must be cheaper to keep the forum running this way. Also it would be easier to snap up member only deals which I always miss out on.
smile_m_32.gif

Well, the "truth" is that members come and go and return and often go again.  For many, this is a passing interest.  To some, it is home sweet home.  It is the same on all the other forums and listserves.  If you are a reg, you get the feel of who is actually posting.  It is always changing,  the Admin, Mods, and Regs make up the forums, and not even Admin. is immutable.  We all come and go as our interest and schedules allow. As the years move on, the regs draw tighter together, and those with less interest fade away.

Here, we really have no faces. Our words are what count, and our actions.

And there is a thread on which you may post your pic, too.  It a very long one, several have their pic (or some other vid representation) of themselves there.  No one has posted anything for a while there so it has dropped down the list.  It starts out something like "it's that time of year again...'  or something like that.  
biggrin.gif

As for me -- I just plain don't know how to post pictures.
smile_n_32.gif

I would post a personal picture, but my scanner broke down. Once it is back up though, I will most likely add one.

MMMM.. Iv beed here, a infriquent and sporadic poster.

I finnaly have the equipment i need (exept a correct lightbulb) to get a carnivorus plant! and the local water softening plant (with a reverse-osmosis filter) has free water on tuesdays! (or was that thursdays? fridays? humm, ill look into that)

YAY!

Some of us are just quiet......... I've been a member for over two years, and still read the forums regularly.

smile.gif
Never thought of any of those things lol

some of us, like myself, don't have a camera, or a scanner to post picts. also, i don't post a lot, but i read the boards almost every day.

peace,
tech...

i have a digital camera but have no idea on how to put pictures on messege boards. No one would be interested in what i have anyway, so why bother?

Nice brassavola Voodoolizard.
smile.gif
I used to have one that did fine, but the one I have now hates me.
confused.gif

Yes there is a photo thread floating around. Has a lot of member photos although some may have disappeared. Dredge it up and have a look and post your photo. Its not toooo far back as a few new members have posted.
smile.gif
We do like to see the faces of our friends.

Back