Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Should marijuana be legalized/decriminalized

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i wouldnt take it anyway even though it could be helpfull [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

although hmmmmm [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_l_32.gif[/img]
    if i live for tommorow there will never be an eventfull day so go on break a leg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two wrongs do not make a right. Alcohol is bad and our use of it is not controlled. We have a limit on the amount that is allowed only for driving. It is not controlled and never will be. Cigarettes are bad and our becoming somewhat controlled, but not enough. There are people who do not want that smoke (and it will be immediately harmful), but everyone is free. Second hand smoke from marijuana is worse in all regards.

I will not argue this because it will become heated and ugly. You see it from your side, I see it from mine. You can not convience me that this is not another abusive substance. I know better. Not only from my own life, but from the lives of many others. Your freedom is not harmed. We will see this differently. To me, if your reasoning is beyond medicinal then it is selfish. I feel this way because I here the me and mine. The laws can not be made differently for each and every man, but must be for the group. Not everyone will use something that is dangerous for them in a responsible manner. I see the abuse caused by abusive substances at least once a working day, usaully far more. Alcohol is legal. Cigarettes are legal. They are bad. They are wrong. I can not except the argument that these wrongs are legal so let's make another one legal.

Medicinal - actually if you get a doctors say so there are federal permits to grow. I knew a man that had one.

The argument that people are abusing prescription drugs so make marijuana legal because they abuse drugs anyway is truly a bad argument and enhances my point.

I will not answer again because this is a subject truly close to my heart. I assist in the war waged against drugs and I will not back down. I am not after Tamlin or others like him that sit quietly in the homes and cause no problems, but those are not the people I deal with. If marijuana is legal what is the next to be made so because people should have the freedom to use, meth? Not everyone that uses it hurts someone else.

I get to clean up after a man beats his family to death. I get to clean up the body after the overdose. I get to clean up when the man freaks after repeated and repeated use and murders a perfect stranger. I get to clean up after the friendly card game that goes bad and the knives come out. Fortunately I sometimes get the dealers before they shoot their target. You see you will never convience me and I will never convience you. It is best that I back off now before feelings are hurt. In this subject we will be strongly apposed.
    I am just like a Super Hero, but without the power or motivation.................and the funky suit.

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there's no doubt it's bad, and that's why it's illegal. i dont think anyone SHOULD do it, but i believe that they have the right to. it's NEVER ok to abuse ANYTHING! i think it should be legal and controlled, and i think there should be severe penalties for abusing it.

Dont forget about other legal drugs like Salvia Divinorum, those give you a serious trip and you can buy the plants and extract legally, so should that be controlled aswell? i believe so.

edit:- when i say "controlled" i mean there should be regulations such as age limits and penalties for abuse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JLAP, you should look into how marijuana actually became illegal. its rather interesting. what it boils down to is a guy with influence had alot of money in to logging and paper mills. a way to make paper cheap from hemp was discovered and the guy who had his money in lumber decided to use the effects of THC to make it illegal. the effects were greatly exaggerated and he frightened the general public. im not saying the thinking was necessarily wrong in making it illegal(this was around the time of Prohibition) but the reason it was put on the list with opiates was because a guy with power had ALOT of money in lumber. when it was made illegal almost no one in the US realized you could get high by smoking it.

Rattler
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know, it's selfishness. People can be ignorant, but luckily NORML is trying to make it legal.

i think smoking it ONCE in awhile is perfectly fine, say a couple times per month, but smoking it everyday just makes you a stupid stoner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Copper,

I am backing off this topic as well, since I have said all there is to say. I know you to be a good Cop, and you are sworn to uphold the law. This wasn't about convincing you or another generation that drugs are okey dokey. You see another side of reality by having to deal with the bad element, and the dark side of the issue. I imagine that I might see things differently if I was dealing exclusively with the horrible things you have mentioned are routine in your difficult profession. On the other hand, you have never seen responsible use of mairjuana. It's not a question of is this a good or bad thing, but rather a question of does the government have the right to control the actions of the many because of the abuses of the few. I have never seen the horrbile encounters you have experienced, not ever, so I suppose it is easy for me to say they dont exist. I think what we need here is a compromise, and I hope in time it comes to pass. I don't LIKE being a crimminal but I like being controlled even less. I consider the use both ceremonial and uplifting, but others consider profit motives. Control is needed, education is needed but above all a change in the Law is needed that will permit and promote personal liberty for non-abusive users. Thanks for a look at the other side of the coin my friend, I know it must have been hard to show your soul on that. All I can do is ask you to go lightly on those who aren't causing the hurt and harm in our society, and if I know you, you probably do that already. I used to say I never met a Cop I liked (cops and robbers, you know) but since "meeting" you that has gone out the window. Take care.
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am likely to kick myself later for replying to this but

I agree with copper.

Not because its what the law tells me to say it but because of what i have seen.( dont ask me to elaborate)

... ok my minds drawing a blank

oh, ya

I disagree with the arguments for making it legal
    if im not NORML for thinking thid fine, i have never been normal

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]to is a guy with influence had alot of money in to logging and paper mills. a way to make paper cheap from hemp was discovered and the guy who had his money in lumber decided to use the effects of THC to make it illegal
    my only response is- where did you hear that?

And as for making alchohaul illegal, thee feds tried that in that past, and it didnt work. "rumrunners', as they were called just, smuggled alcohal in.

Now ....

altough im surprised bu the number of you who do it, it does not make me think any less of you
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    imo, rumrunners are no different than drug dealers.

i had no idea that Rose was a cop, i probably wouldn't have posted anything if i knew that...

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast