Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Should marijuana be legalized/decriminalized

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i dont believe in alcohaulism as a disease, either. i think it's an addiction and in some cases a way tom escape one's problems. i can speak from experiance because my uncle died of it. his blood was 50 percent alcohaul in the end, his skin and eyes were yellow, he was constantly bleeding from his gums etc. eventually he just collapsed in a pool of blood. it was really, really sad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    copper

im 12 i dont aprove of people who smoke for the sake of it you had a bad experiance and lots of people do i think it should just be legalised for people over 21 and who have a problem i also think that it should be ok to do what you want to yourself unless it hurts others like the family of the drug taker i have my opinions and so dose everyone else so a bad experiance on your behalf dosnt make it right to try and scare people of
    if i live for tommorow there will never be an eventfull day so go on break a leg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, for me, the bottom line is, how many bums do you see face down in the gutter with a joint in their hands? The biggest problem with marijuana for me is the crime and violence associated with the sales of it. This is 100% due to the fact that it is illegal, making the commerce all run by drug dealers. Decriminalizing will end the street-corner hustling, and the shady, back-alley dealing. That's where the problem is.

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    also there will be less waste from drug users
    if i live for tommorow there will never be an eventfull day so go on break a leg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how so? the more expensive it is, the more reason you have not to waste it
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure, some people are mature enough to smoke a little and are responsible enough not to use it when they are driving. Drinking alcohol is the same. I don’t give a darn…not the word I wanted to use…what people do as long as they do not endanger my life.

The biggest problem I see from smoking grass is some of the people you might come in contact with who try to steer you to trying something a “little better”...like coke…or crack…or heroin...or even worse crystal meth.

The most addictive drug is methamphetamine. It is cheap, readily available…you can make it in your kitchen. It has the ability to destroy lives, make mental zombies of the user and the final stage of addiction is absolutely horrible to witness…I mean really gruesome.
    The “cure” rate is 6%.
    How do you like those odds…want to legalize that stuff?

I would be interested in any experience Copper has had with meth addicts and how bad she thinks the meth problem is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surprise, surprise, I am a proponet for legalization. i had my first experiance in Holland, when I was stationed in Germany. There are many things I no longer do since that time. Any substance can, and will be abused by people. Should we outlaw model glue, spray paint? cow patties? The problem is the DEA spends billions of dollars a year getting new equipment and training. Yet for all they have spent the influx of drugs through our borders is the same as it was. It's estimated authoritys stoped only 10% in the 70's and today for all the technology they are able to stop about 9.5%.

Lauderdale touched on the real problem. 6% recovery rate from meth. If a meth user wants to seek help, and cannot afford to pay for a facility he must go to a free clinic and get on a list where the average waiting time is 42 to 180 days. The money invested in treatment is 10% of what is spent on stopping it from comming through our boarders. You'll never stop people until they want to stop. Should everything be legal? Absolutly not!! But it cannot be denied that there are medical benifits to M.J. My own mother-in-law has sever scartissue build up in her abdomen. She presently carries a suitcase FULL of prescription drugs around with her. She can only handle half the amount perscribed to her, any more and she is a zombie.She began smoking to help offset the loss of appatite and joint(no pun intended) stiffness. She has been able to vastly reduce the amount of perscriptions she has to take to live comfortably. She also uses a vaporizer, which reduces the amount of carcinogens 96%, I believe. Do I believe it's ok for everyone? of course not. But I know MANY people who benifit from it health wise. Consider this, 60 min. did a story about a drug that in most cases stops cancer in it's tracks and in clinical studies has a 85% sucess rate. Is the avalable? NO ! Why? because of the current expense of the ingrediants pharmasudical co. can only break even if they were to produce this drug. So no profit = no production. I mean who cares if it saves lives if ya can't make a buck off it. So instead they flood the market with drugs the solve half the problem and give you a million side effects- Heart palpatations, headaces, nausia, the runs, ulcers, but God forbid you could make this stuff in your back yard, and they could not profit from it, it might become illegal.
    I always suspect everything is a trap....thats why I'm still alive

Times fun when you're having flys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]So instead they flood the market with drugs the solve half the problem and give you a million side effects- Heart palpatations, headaces, nausia, the runs, ulcers, but God forbid you could make this stuff in your back yard, and they could not profit from it, it might become illegal.
    Hey GG, not only do they make money off the drugs that solve half the problem, they make MORE money off the drugs they sell to ease the side effects of those drugs....Hmmmm....Overmedicating America, anyone?
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast