Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So how did every spend the 4th?

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a very busy fouth, doping one of my favorite things. As some of you know I went to the Green Swamp this weekend. I spent the fourth searching one cp site in NC ad two sites in SC. I also some reptiles too. I have some interesting stories to tell. I'll tell the whole story very soon. I just got home about an hour ago. So I'm really tired, and I have to work tomorrow.
    Keep better soon Tamlin and PAK.
    Flytrapgurl is back, yeah!! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i cought pinkeye... to top that off, i had to take out my contacts, so now i cant see! AND what's worse is now that i can't see, i have a mind-numbing headache.

sucks to be me right now, but i'm glad you all had a good time (except for tamlin, we can be sick together tamlin, whaddya say? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img] )

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well lets see...my 4th started out with me puking my guts out with what looked like blood til I thought I was going to pass out. Then almost 2 hours in a clinic with urine and blood tests and hooked to an IV drip for dehydration with a bucket nearby. Then the rest of the day in an exhausted stupor. Dr. said bacterial infection in my blood and bladder. The dr. and nurses were all real nice though. As I was staggering back to the bathroom to pee in a cup, one of the nurses was talking about food and I told her "PLEASE don't talk about food!!" UGH.

I stayed home from work today to try get back on my feet. I'm still rather dehydrated...I don't think the rising heat and humidity is helping any. I sweat out what I drink.

So...was it the Fourth of July? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img]

Thanks to William and Andrew for their concern and well wishes. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pak, we make a good pair! I have the flu, and an ear infection that makes a 45 degree angle out of a straight line, and spend a lot of waking time sitting (left out the H) on the throne. I can barely take care of the plants. I even missed the fireworks.

Get well soon, and don't go scaring me like that again!

Drink, girl. Do it right now, and keep doing it!
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arg! It stinks all you guys got sick! I hope you feel better soon.

Suzanne, Gatorade is my favorite for rehydration. Love the stuff.
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cripes, was this Independence Day or "Horrible Disease Day?"
    Had a picnic at Holmes Lake(actually the hole that was Holmes Lake-they are draining it to dredge and re-do) with friends. Went off my South Beach Diet for this one, lol.
    The blew up things for the second day in a row. Including a air vent on the underside of our roof. I decided to impress my kids with some bottle rockets from Missouri and one shot astray and actually blew the grate a little wider. Wife...not happy. the plants that could be bought with fireworks money, but oh well!

Cheers,

Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Joe, are they legal there? If so I am envious. I have always had a fondness for explosives, but Big Brother of course is taking care of all of us in NY so no go here. I used to make my own. The finale on that for me was the production of about 15 grams of Nitrogen tri-iodide. If there are any chemists out there, you probably know what that means. I managed to not kill myself, but I did blow a 3 foot x 3 foot hole in the ground, deafening myself for a day. I was 14. I still love them though. Here in Oswego we are fortunate to have the Grucci Brothers display every year at Harborfest. These are the guys who did the Bicentenial display and the Statue of Liberty inagural. Nowadays, that suffices.
    "Grow More, Share More"

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I missed seeing any fireworks. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_h_32.gif[/img] But I did hear them. The baseball diamond does a spectacular show every 4th that usually I can see from my house. But this time I had no energy to run to the window. I just listened to the big booms and imagined.

Yes sir, Dr. William. I'm working on the fluids. :-/ I just ate real food. Time will tell if it will stay in me or make me sick.

I LOVE fireworks. They are sooo beautiful!
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast