Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hey guys i have found a new hobby

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not to mention some people, including myself, are reluctant to give plants to people with no or almost no experiance. what if someone gave you something rare and you let it die?

there are many, many free offers on the trade forum and all the ask of you is a SASE or a few dollars for shipping.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]what if someone gave you something rare and you let it die?
    No kidding! Ever see an angry mob of cp-ers? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_k_ani_32.gif[/img]
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh yeah.. thankfully they've never been mad at me!!

i'd hate to get on the bad side of members of this forum or CPUK. that's why you shouldn't ask for free plants, it's incredibly rude, and if someone gives you plants ALWAYS insist you pay for shipping unless they tell you they don't want it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everyone has to learn somewhere on how to grow different plants. So I don't have any problem with even someone new to the hobby replying to someone giving plants away. However keep in mind it is the responsibility of the person receiving the plants to learn about the plants they are interested in BEFORE acquiring something they have not grown previously.

Your best start is a good book like The Savage Garden and the person making the giveaway offer. These forums are also a great place to ask questions but try and do some homework first so you can be more specific in your questions to the folks here on the forum.

Tony
    Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]I had a HPI Nitro RS4 which went like 60mph
    Leslie......I have the same car. It is a blast [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

Jmenprkr, can't you do both I also have a few r/c cars and trucks, and tried my luck on a plane once two years ago.....that suckers probably still flying away from me.........something went wrong with it on it's second flight and it kept on flying and wouldn't respond [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img] But anyway......I also raced once and had a blast........having alot of interests is usually a good thing too.......you never get bored!
    The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12