Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I saw something the otherday that floored me

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it's interesting how it gained so much popularity AFTER he died.

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    .............over weight and of heart failure. Sounds like just the man to take diet advice from. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_k_ani_32.gif[/img] [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif[/img]

Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get your facts straight...Dr. Atkins died of a VIRAL infection of the heart (not heart disease) and his weight gain was due to the drugs he was taking for his illness. Anti-Atkins folks (like Weight Watchers) jumped on those generalities in order to try to discredit the lifestyle (not really a diet). Think about it...why would Dr. Atkins have been fat if he were following a low carb lifestyle? DUH.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both of ym parents went on the atkins diet, lost 30 pounds in 2 months, adn ahve kept it of...
    \"Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?\"

\"If vegans love animals so much, why do they eat all thier food?\" - Brandonk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    didnt mean to make yah mad PAK, i realize ppl have quite success fully lost wieght on the diet but personally i like my rice and potatoes not to mention bread to much to even attept it. personally i think its a phase and something else will eventually replace it. i couldnt remeber exactly how the Dr. died, all i remember is it had something to do with his heart which in all reality doesnt narrow it down. im a lil chunky right now(im up to 195 instead of my usual 175) because of a long hard winter and i hate working out in a gym. i get my exercise doing yard work and walking the creeks and the badlands either for fun out looking for rocks and stuff or for hunting. i eat lean meat including deer, antelope, elk, and when i can get my hands on some:bison. when i buy beef or pork its the leanest i can find. but i do like my rice(especially wild) home grown potatoes and homemade bread to much to go an any diet resembling the Atkins and the way alot of ppl have gone head over heals for this diet makes me laugh. your right its a lifestyle choice not a diet, just like vegitarianism(another thing i think is pointless, i didnt crawl my way to the top of the food chain to eat "rabbit food").

Rattler
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PLB, I'm really happy for your parents, but I don't give a rip what it does for you. The Atkins diet is that last thing I would devote myself to. Pasta, bread, grains and other carb-containing foods are an essential part of my life, and I wouldn't be able to live without it. I love my carbs! *munches some raw macaroni* (and yes, I do that)

I don't need to lose weight, I'm of normal weight for my age (even though I'm a little short.. oh well.. but Mom, who is 5'6'', says she thinks I'm gonna be bigger than her eventually, since I can wear her shoes and clothes now), but if I ever need to lose weight later in my life, the Atkins diet is the last diet I would go on.
    Liquid Plummer
    Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our body needs all of these things, carbs included. Even some fats are good for your body. But yeah.....as joe said, exercise and eating healthy is the way to go on the "diet" thing. Not rid your body of the nutrients it needs, and then gaining it all back and more after you quit the diet.
    The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well, if DR. Atkins died of a heart virus, whered he get it?
    maybe eating all that meat, and getting the virus from it?
    i like meat and all, but to much is a bad thing.
    and anyway, i coudnt think about life without a gyro or a falaffel [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]
    Hellz
    Nike SB is Bananas

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast