What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I saw something the otherday that floored me

the Atkins diet pancake syrup. i spent 2 days trying to figure this one out till someone informed me they make Atkins pancake mix.....i REALLY dont understand the point of this diet craze in fact to protest it i made my self my famous chicken and wild rice casserole, with as much rice as i could find and a pan full of nice flakey biscuits...............best tasting protest ive ever taken part in
smile_n_32.gif

Rattler

something along those lines.

its extremely unhealthy long-term. my mom lost 60 pounds on it after she had me, but she isn't on it anymore.

i only eat raw fruits and vegetables. i'm on the raw food diet
smile.gif
same diet jenifer anniston is on.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH:O
mad.gif

I am soooooooo sick of this diet crap. There is something wrong when people are too lazy to diet so they look for a diet that accomodate them.
A DIET IS NOT SUPPOSE TO BE ACCOMODATING!!!!!
You were eating unhealthy and exercise and EATING RIGHT are the punishment. Why does it seem that everyone is looking for a "Fountain of Thinness"
Eating right and exercise are the way to lose weight, not gimmicks and magic.

Joe

I snarl at the Atkins diet. I hate.

*gets big box of Triscuits and munches in rebellion and spite* MMM!!!! CARBS!!! I AM DELIBERATELY INGESTING CARBS!!!!!! SEE?! BWAHAHAHAHAA!! *runs around in circles*

FTG, as spaztic as you are :
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]*runs around in circles*
You could all the carbs on earth and burn them right off!
smile_m_32.gif

Atkins is so stupid.

And guess what? they have now developed low-carb corn and breeders are trying to develope low carb veggies

So stupid, all that wasted effort on a fad diet

it's interesting how it gained so much popularity AFTER he died.

.............over weight and of heart failure. Sounds like just the man to take diet advice from.
smile_k_ani_32.gif
laugh.gif

Joe

Get your facts straight...Dr. Atkins died of a VIRAL infection of the heart (not heart disease) and his weight gain was due to the drugs he was taking for his illness. Anti-Atkins folks (like Weight Watchers) jumped on those generalities in order to try to discredit the lifestyle (not really a diet). Think about it...why would Dr. Atkins have been fat if he were following a low carb lifestyle? DUH.

Both of ym parents went on the atkins diet, lost 30 pounds in 2 months, adn ahve kept it of...

didnt mean to make yah mad PAK, i realize ppl have quite success fully lost wieght on the diet but personally i like my rice and potatoes not to mention bread to much to even attept it. personally i think its a phase and something else will eventually replace it. i couldnt remeber exactly how the Dr. died, all i remember is it had something to do with his heart which in all reality doesnt narrow it down. im a lil chunky right now(im up to 195 instead of my usual 175) because of a long hard winter and i hate working out in a gym. i get my exercise doing yard work and walking the creeks and the badlands either for fun out looking for rocks and stuff or for hunting. i eat lean meat including deer, antelope, elk, and when i can get my hands on some:bison. when i buy beef or pork its the leanest i can find. but i do like my rice(especially wild) home grown potatoes and homemade bread to much to go an any diet resembling the Atkins and the way alot of ppl have gone head over heals for this diet makes me laugh. your right its a lifestyle choice not a diet, just like vegitarianism(another thing i think is pointless, i didnt crawl my way to the top of the food chain to eat "rabbit food").

Rattler

PLB, I'm really happy for your parents, but I don't give a rip what it does for you. The Atkins diet is that last thing I would devote myself to. Pasta, bread, grains and other carb-containing foods are an essential part of my life, and I wouldn't be able to live without it. I love my carbs! *munches some raw macaroni* (and yes, I do that)

I don't need to lose weight, I'm of normal weight for my age (even though I'm a little short.. oh well.. but Mom, who is 5'6'', says she thinks I'm gonna be bigger than her eventually, since I can wear her shoes and clothes now), but if I ever need to lose weight later in my life, the Atkins diet is the last diet I would go on.

Our body needs all of these things, carbs included. Even some fats are good for your body. But yeah.....as joe said, exercise and eating healthy is the way to go on the "diet" thing. Not rid your body of the nutrients it needs, and then gaining it all back and more after you quit the diet.

well, if DR. Atkins died of a heart virus, whered he get it?
maybe eating all that meat, and getting the virus from it?
i like meat and all, but to much is a bad thing.
and anyway, i coudnt think about life without a gyro or a falaffel
biggrin.gif

Hellz

in all reality a viral infection could originate anywhere. remember this is your heart and it eventually gets anything that is elsewhere in your body. you could get it from a sinus infection, pnuemonia and alot of other things. if your immune system is healthy than its rare but if it takes a hit somewhere because of something even a normal cold than that opens you up to a lot of things. i started out with a mild cold and allergies 2 weeks ago and it has worked its self into a mild case of pnuemonia just because my immune system took a hit due to some severe allergys.

Rattler

I never tried any of that stuff before, I Swim everyday except the weekends, 2 hours a day, I think that keeps me pretty lean. Far as I know I think I'm pretty much normal
biggrin.gif
I always thought that stuff was kinda crazy, Just go outside and do some Phiscal Activity.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (FlytrapGurl @ July 08 2004,10:06)]Pasta, bread, grains and other carb-containing foods are an essential part of my life, and I wouldn't be able to live without it. I love my carbs! *munches some raw macaroni* (and yes, I do that)
I totally agree. Thats why i could never go on it!

Back