What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The most deadliest animal

• Thread starter Ozzy
  • Start date
Really? coral snakes in NC.... wouldve never thought... but that kinda rules out the whole "wouldnt have geussed"
part...

going slightly off tangent here, but all these guesses of mosquitos and turtles and such, that carry bacteria, dont really count IMO..
Mosquitos dont do the actual killing with malaria..they are just the carrier..
so you cant really say "mosquitos are the most deadly animal"..
I doubt anyone has ever actually been directly killed by a mosquito ever! ;)
I think it should be something that actually does the killing..like a shark attack. something where there is no question which animal killed you..
If an alligator cuts you in half with its teeth, you can honestly say "alligators kill humans"..but no one has ever been killed *directly* by a mosquito or petting a little turtle in the pet store...they die later by the bacteria or viruses they carried..
ok, back on tangent now..
Scot

Um... a short tailed shrew?

scottychaos, like I said before, this animal kills by using poison not disease. So that will rule out mosquitos, ticks, and a few others.

I think its a snake now... one of these 3 guys........ cottonmouth, copperhead or a canebrake rattlesnake.

Well, as far as my knowledge goes with herps there is no poisonious amphibian that can kill you in NC. There is no poisonious lizards in NC and since the shrew is the only poisonious mammal on NA. The only thing I can think about is a snake...Or maybe some type of insect.
confused.gif

Give us a hint....bird,reptile,mammal?

Jerry

Well, if he told us that I think it might be too easy.

i give up

Copperheads are not very poisonous. As far as I know they have only been known to kill small children.

I have made a poll with the correct answer. Let's see who can guess.

I think Pond Boy might disagree with that statement.
smile_h_32.gif

I sure hope he's doing better.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ July 07 2004,10:53)]I think Pond Boy might disagree with that statement.  
smile_h_32.gif

I sure hope he's doing better.
I didn't say that they were not poisonous. They are not life threatening to an healthy adult. They lack a large volume of venom. I never said that they won't do damage. From what I've heard they have a very painful bite. Almost to the point of unbearable pain. I'm sure there can be long term effects from there venom.
I hope he makes it back real soon.

Ok I have closed the voting. I am adding up you voted for what and I will post the list soon.
Right now I want everybody that voted for the earthworm to send me a pm and tell me why you voted for it.
Thank You

Cant be a earthworm,people would still be dieing from them,they are used as fishbait everyday,animals and birds eat them.
smile.gif
My 2 cents.:-))

Jerry

no its quite possible. worms and birds have different stomachs, digestive systems, throats, mouths, etc. It could very welll be an earthworm if it "was once faster than a rabbit"

Say what! oh well I was thinking more about the most venomous thing around NA. Which is the diamondback, cottonmouth, and coral snake...
smile_h_32.gif

Are you going to tell us how it kills? I did a search and nothing came up about earthworms killing people... they don't even carry any poison.

I never said it was the earthworm.
confused.gif

Eastern Diamondback
peter
IceDragon

Eastern Coral Snake
scottychaos
Bugweed
FlytrapGur

Cottonmouth
Finch
Capslock