Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Listserve/forum

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Joachim Danz @ July 07 2004,3:45)]I'm also reading the CPN for five years by now. Although I'm not active participating. For many years it was a very good source of information with many experts participating. From my point of view for beginners a forum based medium is much better suited. It is easier to get answers to questions... >snip<
    Hey all, I just want to quickly clear somthing up here that may be missunderstood by some folks out there.

the listserv is the email based cp group.

the pft forum is this thing here that you're reading.

CPN is the Carnivorous Plant Newsletter. CPN is published by the International Carnivoroous Plant Society (ICPS) and is a paper copy, snail mailed, official journal.

CPN is one of the perks you recieve with ICPS membership.

The listserv and forums are FREE!

Steve
    Steve L
    "I'm Lucky enough to get paid to do this!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question

thankyou!
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with Steve. The CPN is a great publication, and I have no critique of either it, ot the ICPS.

Joachim,

Yeah, the last posts were made in anger (and I posted an apology if you recall), but please consider what I had been put through by the likes of Sindew Matt, and Mike in St. Petersburg. Can you tell me you honestly feel that my anger was unjustified? I have had more than enough patience with those particular individuals, both here, at CPUK and the Listserve.

End of topic for me.
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just looking at the posts. I've been wondering this for a while. How do you do an "active search" on the listserv?

Thanks,
    Craig

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Tamlin,

Have you ever tested the ppm of silica sand or perlite?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Steve,

many thanks for pointing out my error. Of course I meant the CP listserv.

Tamlin, yes I saw how your blood was boiling. - I personally don't answer in such a situation as long as I am really angry. It is much better to calm down for a day or two and than make a cool and clever reply without getting personal. Posting the wrong words might destroy something you won't be able to fix again. Also there are few people around who are just not important to me and I am not taking too serious. So they don't get the chance to make my angry, independant of what they write.

I've read the whole thread which resulted in the ban of Matt from PFT prior it was deleted by the mods. For sure he is a very difficult guy to deal with and his arguments to support his friend Allen were not the best, to say at least. But from his second post in that thread it was obvious that it would end in tears with him not being able to accept opinions differing from his own. The moderators were not able to cope with him that time and they did an extremely bad job jumping on him. The result is known and from my point of view it was about equal fault of both parties involved.

Cheers Joachim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is the point exactly. Anyone who isn't a social retard can disagree with a viewpoint without making it a personal vendetta. His vendetta was briought here to this forum from DAY ONE, and carried over to CPUK, and finally to the Listserve where his cronies could be called upon to back him up. I was sick of it, had enough, and let loose. There comes a time to stand up to the bullying, and that was my time. it's too bad it came on the eve of the NASC formulation, but I had enough of the listserve fools by that stage. I made my apologies to those who were exposed, but I have no apology for those who have slandered and lied about me. Now I prefer to remove myself from the reach of those sick people, and am content to let my reputation speak for itself. I will NEVER post publically on the listserve again. As for CPUK it is a case of him or me. When he comes, I go. That should be about the time of his next plant sale, and until then I will offer what I can, while I can. This whole subject is disturbing to me in the extreme. I am not an ill tempered man, nor a hateful one and I am tired of having to defend my character against considered assination. Now I am out of reach of that sort of pettieness and plan to stay out of reach.

End of topic for me.
    "Grow More, Share More"

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was PMed by someone and it occured to me that when I said "Tamlins Last Stand" it might have sounded like I was making a joke or poking fun at Tamlin. I was NOT, I just happened to have read alot of the ill posting on listserve and I just refer to Tamlin's last couple posts as that. I didn't meen to sound like anything else. I think Tamlin is a great guy.

Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans&#33;\"

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast