Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Listserve/forum

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was curious on how many people we have here that are on both venues for their CP fixation?
    I have noticed that the listserve bulk are more "cautionate" about things and the forum people are very "passionate" about similar issues. Maybe that is why people have gravitated to whichever venue they prefer.
    Me, I like both, as they are both fulfilling. Before I was online, my only source for nourishment was CPN, so I had to wait three months to get something and it was devoured fully within a day.
    It is very nice to post here, as you tend to find great advice from people who hover around the Genera that interst them the most.
    Anyway, just thoughts I was pondering.

Cheers,

Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am on both as well as CPUK. Gotta get my fix and feed the addiction
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat
    Hagerstown, Maryland

--
    actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both for me...

I am also a member of the ICPS, I can't go without my CPN!

Steve
    Steve L
    "I'm Lucky enough to get paid to do this!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm on both as well but I generally just read the listserve posts over a cup of coffee in the mornings. When I first joined the list serve I asked a question about my bog, I got some responses by email, but mostly I felt their was those looking down their nose at me for asking such a "Trivial" question.
    I tend to get better info and assistance here. But it's nice to have both for lernin' [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]
    I always suspect everything is a trap....thats why I'm still alive

Times fun when you're having flys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read the Listserve when it is sent to me. Unfortunately, I have some problems with certain rude and spiteful individuals there which make it impossible for me to engage in any discussion, since there is no moderation there. I respond to individual topics of interest by emailing the poster. You've been there and seen it Joe. If I get on there and try to introduce a topic, it turns into a flame war, thanks to the Anti-Tamlin Hate Club headed by a certain banned PFT member and his suck up friends.

In general, I dislike the format: topics do not linger long enough before fading away into limbo, and there are far too many instances of flamers and pointless critiques which has resulted in a noticable unwillingness of members to contribute. It is mostly a den of lurkers hoping to catch some interesting discussions that are far and few between.

It used to be a much better place, but sadly those days seem to be over. I used to enjoy the contributions of D. Schlauer, but even he seems to have abandoned it.

Pity.
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is pretty good response effort, especially since I intended this for "General Topics" and was not paying attention, lol. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img]
    If a mod could move this, that would be great.
    Tamlin, you are right about Dr. Schlauer not posting as much. I had not noticed until you mentioned it.
    I am not sure if there is a "Anti-Tamlin" group, but since I don't know what personal emails you have received, I can't really argue. I would like to think there isn't.
    Some of the flame wars, I actually find amusing. Obviously, these are the ones I am not involved with.
    I would have to agree overall with God's Garden, on the helpful issue.
    I have not looked at the CPUK forum lately, but I noticed the same people posting the same topics, so it was like reading the same thing twice, lol.

Thanks,

Joe

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I joined the listserve but got the same impression and also noticed soo much fighting and general negativity that I posted 3 or 4 times and never again. I don't even bother to read it anymore. I joined a couple weeks befor "Tamlins last stand" and the junk I seen and fighting negativity was enough.
    I just joined CPUK today so I will see about that one.

Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm on the listserve, here, the CCPS (Jeremiah's CP forum), and the CPUK forum (been a few weeks since I dropped in there). I spend most of my time at this forum though. Been on the listserve for a while but have never posted or replied to anything. Grif, there is most definitely an "anti-Tamlin" faction there. Anything he posted, this bunch nit-picked.

BCK
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast