What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The good ship lucky louie has docked

To those who have supported me and my work through some thin times, my deepest thanks. I'd list you all by name, but there is just too many of you here in the U.S. and all across this big old world.

Lou, if you are reading this somewhere, thank you so much. You were always a hard case, and we never really got along. I guess going thru the Great Depression and surviving the bombing of Pearl Harbor made it hard to smile and joke around. I was a stupid kid that didn't realize a lot of things or I would have tried harder. Instead, I just gave up. I'm sorry. I'm sure I'll see you soon Uncle, and will make a better apology then. For some reason, the Fates graced me with your own profound luck, and I hope to prove worthy of that gift as well by doing good with what you have given to me.

Funny, I sould be dancing but I am weeping. It's been hard times for me for so long. Were it not for luck and love, Tamlin Dawnstar would have been the poorest of men.

See you soon Old Soldier!

Friends, take a moment and raise your glass, and toast Louigi DiLapi, or "Lucky Lou" as he was called by his friends, and thanks again to all of you, wherever you are.

Now, let the fun begin. Promises will be kept my dears, oh yes!

did he pass away? i'm very sorry..

Tamlin's Uncle Louie passed from this plane March 7th, 2003.

biggrin.gif

Congrats Tamlin, you deserve all that you have except the sorrow. It's good to see your ship has come in, it was long overdue.
I must disagree with one of your statements though.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Tamlin Dawnstar would have been the poorest of men.

From what I have seen from the people that love you, you have been a very wealthy man for a long time. I hope that one day I can earn some of the wealth that you've seen in your lifetime.
I'm sure Lou is watching and he see's that he had made a wise choice. Make him proud.
Remember one thing Tamlin, Beware of the wolves that don't know the difference between wealth and money. I'm sure they will be knocking on your door very soon.
I'm sure it's a great day for rare cp's.
smile_m_32.gif

i'm very happy for you tamlin! no one deserves this more than you!

i knew you had inheritance coming to you, but i didn't know from whom. capslock kindly cleared that up for me
smile.gif

Tamlin,
I've been wondering about this and crossing my fingers now since March. I will indeed raise a glass upon my return home, both to honor your Uncle, and to celebrate the end of the waiting!

Back